Monday, February 3, 2025

The Last One πŸ›«

A year and a half
6 areas
8 apartments 
11 companions 
100's of friends 
1000's of miracles
10000's of memories. 

Whenever I read the scriptures and pondered a mission as a kid, one of the goals I had in mind was to have the same experience as ammon in saying: 

"Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die."

To say I was terrified to come to mongolia is an understatement. It's easily the bravest thing I've done in my whole life haha. But this place, these people, and their culture have stolen my heart. I will forever be grateful for everyday I was blessed with to be here serving them, loving them, walking with them, teaching them, and learning from them. The unconditional kindness they've shown to a stranger like me is amazing. They've welcomed me into their homes, they feed me when I'm hungry, they warm me when I'm cold, they support me when I'm tired, they comfort me when I'm sad. 

As I look back on all the things the mongolians have done for me, I realize that every day that I spent with them, I was truly walking with the savior. Every person I met has shown me an attribute of christ. And now that I take a step back and look at the big picture, the scripture mosiah 2:17 sinks deeper in my heart. "When ye are in the service of your fellow being, ye are only in the service of your God." 

That really was my goal all along. To serve God. To teach his people. To share the joy that the gospel brings to me in my life. And now as I take a step back I see that I was serving God all along, through helping these christlike amazing people recognize his love and awareness of them and of their lives. This opportunity is a blessing that I will forever be grateful for. 


A few things I did

Ate weirder foods than I ever have πŸ«
Learned a new language Π²ΠΎΠ°Π²πŸ‡²πŸ‡³
Was able to teach so many incredible people how to pray for the first time πŸ€
Spent hundreds of hours on busses and trains πŸš‚
Taught about 200 English classes πŸ‘©‍🏫
Got rides from strangers almost daily since everyone here is a taxi driver πŸš•
Learned how to navigate dirt paths of ger districts at night πŸ—Ί
Called 600,000,000 referrals probs πŸ₯΅
Finished the book of mormon 4 times πŸ“–
Survived in sub -30° temperatures πŸ₯Ά
Saw enough dead animals and bones on the ground to recognize the bone and the animal it came from ☠️
Got sick so so so many times🀧
To members i was sister jensen, sister jaiden, or jensen egchπŸ’™
To english students and kids i was jaiden bagsh, anai, bagshaa, or just jaidenπŸ’œ
To hulan i was jaisenπŸ’›
To referrals on the phone i was jantsan🩷
To dambaa ah I was anuhatan🀎

To elder turbat i was janet πŸ©΅

to the drunk men on the streets I was either a Russian, German, Australian, Korean, Chinese, or American girl who when they saw me they yelled "Jesus Amen Amen"πŸ’š

Saw wild horses, cows, pigs, and camels🐷

Learned how to made buuz and tsoivan and boortsog and sheep's head πŸ‘¨‍🍳

Taught some mongolians how to make cookies, sing, and danceπŸ’―

Celebrated tsagaan sar and naadam πŸŒ™ dressed up in traditional clothes 
 
ate so much food πŸ« 

got interviewed on the news 4 times πŸ“°

Now I would like to share a special experience that happened tonight. Enkhuulei got baptized. As I'm sure some of you remember I few emails back, I was really pretty down on myself because we had a lot of people preparing for baptism this transfer and it just wasn't working out and it was making me pretty dang sad. But enkhuulei was our miracle. Our new member brought her to us and sat in every single lesson with us helping us teach. 

Enkhuulei has a heart of gold, and an understanding of the gospel that is so incredibly deep and amazing. Her baptism would've happened like a week after I left, but she really wanted to get baptized before I went home. I wasn't sure if it would happen, but we prayed for it every day. And tonight I watched her get baptized. The spirit was so strong as she shared her incredible testimony that left me in tears πŸ€I'm so lucky to have been blessed with the chance to teach her 

To all of you who made it this far into the email, thank you for all of the support. Now i understand the meaning of "This show is made possible by viewers like you"πŸ˜€πŸ‘ Thank you for all of your letters, emails, prayers, and kind words. They meant the world to me

My homecoming is February 16th at 9 am at 3040 santa clara drive
all of you are welcome and I'd love to see you there πŸ«Ά

see you all so soon 

bayrlalaa, bayrtai, hairtai shuu
πŸ’•/систэр Тэнсэн 

πŸ‡²πŸ‡³flicsπŸ‡²πŸ‡³
- made boortsogπŸ€—
- taught oyuntsetseg how to make cookies (she licked the raw egg off her finger fr)🍳
- dissy face mask nightπŸ‘¨‍🍳
- the nroth face guggi πŸ˜©
- cow skull and a dog🫠
- English classπŸ₯°
- meetings πŸ€©
-shagai
- enkhuuleis baptism πŸ€





 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...