сайхан амарсан уу and welcome back to another episode of Sister Jensen: the MTC experience!
if you read my last email you probably remember me saying something along the lines of "this was the longest week of my e n t i r e lifeeee" but hey I can't say the same about this week! it FLEW by!
some highlights from this week are that I got to sing in the mtc choir at a devotional and guess who spoke at that devotional?? the one and only GARY E STEVENSON! he gave an awesome talk about using preach my gospel and also reassured us that this is where we are supposed to be. another thing that happened this week was that like half our district was sick and basically on their death beds.
so it was definitely an adventure of all of us falling asleep at any given moment, having to almost do class over zoom, accidentally getting one of our teachers sick, and disinfecting our desks every. single. day. people were dropping like flies. we're chill now though!
OH OH OH!! THEY MOVED UP OUR DEPARTURE DATE! we are now scheduled to head to Mongolia on OCTOBER 30th!!
yesterday we started full Mongolian immersion. I have never been more convinced that this is a made up language...5 minutes into the lesson it was like BAM you look around the room and see confusion. tears. shock. charades. elder malfatto eating in class again. but it got...i don't think I would say easier...it got.. less scary? my brain was melted by the end of class. then we got to play a game called шагай where you pretend you're racing horses but actually you're playing with a pile of goat ankle bones, it was fun!
oh also I guess I should explain the email subjectttt basically if Mongolians are just standing, chillin or whatever, they face south just to keep an eye on China to make sure they aren't invading (they never have lollll) and all of their гэр doors face south too. Kinda just a cute lil rivalry they got goin on that they are all taught while being raised!
update on the food: for my lovely darlings coming into the mtc soon here is what I would recommend - you gotta bribe your teacher to let you out of class early and RUN to the cafeteria and get in line for either choices or aloha plate. you will be in line for like 30 minutes so talk to everyone around you. and I mean EVERYONE. and then keep yourself entertained by trying to scope out that one kid that your comp thinks is cute lol. and then once you have your food, you gotta get desert! so have an elder sneak over to the desert table and grab a WHOLE platter of cheesecake for your table. i would rate this experience 9/10 would most likely do again.
spiritual thought for the week!! we talked a lot about the Atonement this week, and it was super cool being able to practice teaching it to each other. Sometimes you don't understand how you feel about something until you try to teach it! I can definitely say that I felt a lot stronger love and understanding that Jesus Christ truly did die for us and suffer our sins so that we can have opportunities to repent and come back to him! The Book Of Mormon also is FILLED with the reminder of this gift and God's love for us!! What a cool reminder!!
өдрийг сайхан өнгөрүүлээрэй!!
/Женсен эгч.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment