сайхан амарсан уу!!!!! HOW IS EVERYONE!?!?! This week has been so good but SO very long. Like yesterday felt like an entire week haha. I don't even know where to start!
The beginning of this week started off still in online mtc. The most exciting things were my trip to the store and a dentist appointment!! Sister Udy and I also had our first helping others appointment and it went really well which was awesome! But then I was SLAMMED with PACKING, *I hate packing* and so I was kept busy for a while. Then we went up north and I got to see my cousins and family for one last time!
Then the day finally came. You could say I was basically dropped off on the curbside of the Provo mtc. It was hard to say bye to my family, but they rush you in with super contagious love and excitement! It was kinda weird meeting my district because like they're real people and not just zoom screens?? But they are superrrr awesome!! Then we kinda just got thrown in with workshops, classes, and studies. Let me tell you it is BUSY here. Also, there were 2700 missionaries here when we got here which is WILD. But it is super fun and low key still kinda feels like fsy a little bit!
Okay, here are my official first thoughts about the provo mtc:
Campus is beautiful,
the pillows are super thin which is a rip, the food isn't awfully horrible but
doesn't make me feel great, the people are super nice, and it just has so many
people here! I saw tons of people I know which is super awesome! Oh, also the
sisters only gym is tiny tiny but the normal free weights is good!
Some INTERESTING stories from this week:
1. The snail. What need I say more. RIP to this snail. Once upon a time Elder Williams brought a snail into the lunchroom and we put it on a paper plate and they were saying they wanted to feed it ranch..? And someone said something about "salting the snail" and BAM Elder Malfatto's intrusive thoughts ATTACKED and dumped salt on it and we all were like WHAT because that'll kill it!! So, we put it in water to rinse it to save it?? But then Sister Painter decided to put it out of it's misery and just smashed it and we were all so distraught, it happened so fast
2. PUSHUPS. Basically, a district going to Cambodia (a "brostrict" because it's all guys) bragged that they did 2,000 pushups combined in one day. So we, with our competitiveness and sistrict because we have 8 girls and 4 guys, decided to beat them. Safe to say I personally did 220 pushups yesterday! As a district we did 2,172 pushups
3. Quiet dignity. We had to have a district council and talk about quiet dignity. It was just hilariously ironic timing on this one. We had just prayed and Elder Malfatto blessed the food...we weren't even gonna eat??? And then we all messed up our Mongolian and just starting giggling so loud and then had to talk about quiet dignity lollllll. Also shout out to sister Painter for learning that the Star Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
The silly part is all of these were yesterday. That’s how cool our district is, but on a real note they are all so awesome and last night the Elders gave us priesthood blessings and it was super special!
I have been feeling so grateful for the Book of Mormon this week. I have always struggled in understanding it, but my class had a cool experience when we were taught how simply we will have to explain it to the Mongolian people. Most of them don't know who God is at all, so you have to really focus on the basics. Sometimes we get so caught up in the "to do" list that we don't realize how special it is to actually have access to God's word spoken to all the prophets! It just made me see it all through a new point of view and it was super cool! It truly is one of the greatest gifts you can give someone!
I love you all and I hope you all have a splendid week!
удахгүй чамтай ярилцъя!
/Женсен эгч

No comments:
Post a Comment