Saturday, September 23, 2023

Миний лоббид биш

Google translate that I dare you😉 this week was like a weird mix between hard and long and awesome and fast?? You may have some questions about this week: did me and sister Udy have a temple parking lot meet up with her cousin to get chick fil a? Maybe. Did we find like actual silicone in a sack lunch sandwich? Possibly. Did a bird fly into one of the mtc windows causing it to almost shatter and block off a whole entrance because it was covered in glass? Perhaps. Did someone write би бөкс дуртай on one of the mailroom bulletin board papers? It was the elders I swear. Is Gavin Ogden actually leaving and we are going to be left tutorless for a while? Signs point to yes. Did we do another pushup competition? Actually no we didn't. 

Some highlights from this week! I got to see my sister!!! I am so excited that Janelle got a job here at the MTC as a teacher and so it was so fun to get to see her again! Sister Udy and I taught a lesson on how to pray in Mongolian. It was like 12 ish minutes long and basically us reading a script, but we're getting there! We got two new roommates that'll be staying in our room with us for two weeks until they leave (imagine being out of the mtc in two weeks that's wild) 

oh also!! I have officially been a missionary for a whole month?!?! That's kinda crazy cause on one hand I feel like its gone so fast but on the other hand I feel like I have been here for forever.....sometimes the mtc feels like a simulation and everyone here that I haven't met is just an npc lol. Some other exciting things from this week is that we decided to do a lil fun service so we walked around and asked people their fav scriptures and then gave them chocolate! we wrote down all the scriptures and got a pretty cool list! 2 miracles came from this! we were led straight to a previous mongolian mission president, so it was cool to meet him, and then we also met two elders who asked for the list of all the scriptures and later messaged us saying it was really helpful to them! this just goes to show folks you never know what a little bit of kindness can do for someone ;)

Spiritual Thought: The miracle of the sunflowers!!!🌻

This week has been pretty hard emotionally, and I was super tired and really struggling with the language and studying. At the beginning of the week I for some reason decided to pray and ask God to show me sunflowers. I LOVE sunflowers!! I wasn't quite sure where I got this idea, but i am so glad I acted on it! Every single day, without fail, when I was struggling or not feeling good enough to be here, I got a sunflower. EVERY SINGLE DAY! 

The first day it was a girl who walked past just holding a sunflower! the second day it was an elder with sunflowers on his tie. the third day it was a patch of sunflowers that I only happened to see because I was facing upside down while doing yoga! The next day it was a sister with sunflowers on her vest, and then yesterday it was 3 facebook posts in a row all having sunflowers. God wants us to be happy!! He will never leave us when we need him!

Mosiah 24:14 "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."

I love you all so much!! Have such an amazing week😘
дараа уулзъя
Женсен эгч💕



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...