Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Rule #1: never sing in bed๐Ÿ˜ณ๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ™…‍♀️

WHATS UP YOU GUYS. this week was crazy. and long. and wild. Always an adventure in Mongolia let's be so real. 

Highlights:

- we decided to go outside and ๐Ÿ€ball up๐Ÿ€ fr so we went to the basketball court and saw two little boys playing. So we decided to do 2v2๐Ÿ˜คIt was actually wild and I never thought I would get that exhausted from a game of basketball but these kids were pros and it was intense๐Ÿ‘Š

- had an adorable golden retriever follow me for an entire day. Literally I've never seen a dog so loyal in my life. He sat outside the ger our entire member meeting waiting for us and only tried to run inside the ger a few times๐Ÿค‘ We ended up also having another dog tag along later (actually we saw this dog get hit by a car no cap but don't worry he's okay๐Ÿซฃ) and so with these 2 huge dogs following us we traveled throughout nalaikh! Then we stopped at the store and got them some sausage and basically I'm ready to adopt them I think ๐Ÿ˜˜

- I celebrated my birthday!! Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes๐Ÿ˜ We celebrated by getting pizza hut and then for English class I decided to go all put. We learned about birthdays and birthday parties and made invitations๐Ÿ™ŒAnd then we HAD a party. There was cake. There was singing. And we watched Aladdin. And some of my English students made me an edit of pictures of me and made me a birthday video. So cute๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿซถ

- mongolia celebrated children's day! This is a huge holiday out here and lowkey why is this not a thing in america?? They had this big festival type thing and there were games and prizes and food and all the little kids dress up so fancy it was such a vibe๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ’ฏ

- I finally had the pleasure of trying gedes buuz (basically where u take animal stomach and mix it w some other things, wrap it in dough, and steam it) I seem to have really lucked out with good cooks here bc it wasn't actually bad ๐Ÿซฃ

- I learned about some new superstitions that Mongolians have. Did you know that if you sing while you're in bed your mom will die??? (Sorry Wendy๐Ÿ˜ณ) I asked janyeguli if she believes in this. She giggled and said heheh a little bit๐Ÿ˜…

- since transfers were coming up, we had SO many member meetings. Like 3 a day. I've never eaten so much in my entire life๐Ÿฅด

- speaking of transfers. IM BACK IN THE CITYYYY. I lowkey did not see this coming but i am now serving in jargalant with the lovely sister bethers! It'll be a bit of an adjustment, but im really excited๐Ÿ’ฏ

- saying goodbye to my nalaikh fam was sad. There is an old man named damba who I adore and love visiting. As we said goodbye to him, he looked at me with tears in his eyes, thanked me, wished me good luck, and hugged me. Then he said "I name you ะฐะฝัƒั…ะฐั‚ะฐะฝ" and kissed my forehead๐Ÿฅน Tell me that's not the coolest way to get a Mongolian name fr ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿ™‚‍↔️

- transfer day was an absolute blast. It was so hype to see so many missionaries all at once and I love them all with my whole heart. Im so grateful for all the friends I have out here ๐Ÿ’—

- had an English class and 4 missionaries teaching together was wild but so hype. And we played a game and every time this middle aged guy answered right he'd say ITS ME. *Mario vibes* he's such an icon๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จso stoked to get this class up and going fr

Some fun conversations I had with random people on the street ๐Ÿคช
Kid: oh hi is you English 
Me: yeah I am!
Kid: oh wow I am mongolia ๐Ÿ˜€

Drunk man: HEEELLLLLOOOOOO
me: ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Drunk man: do you speak.....germanish๐Ÿฅด
 
Spiritual thought: 

President Nelson posted about what he wants us to do as a gift for him for his 100th birthday!! “One spiritual offering that would brighten my life is for each of us to reach out to ‘the one’ in our lives who may be feeling lost or alone. Over the coming months I invite you to consider prayerfully: who do you know who may be discouraged? Who might you need to reconcile with or ask for forgiveness? Has one name been on your mind lately, though you haven’t quite known why? As you bring these questions to the Lord, He will inspire you to know how you can reach out and lift one who needs help.”

As a missionary sometimes it feels like we are constantly keeping track of so many people. Life gets so busy and we move so fast that we might miss those around us. I hope we can all keep our eyes open to minister to the one!! I know that as you prepare and allow yourself to minister to the one, the one will be put in your path. I love you all! Love, share, invite. Go fight win. Live laugh love๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿซถ

bayrlalaa bayrtai hairtai shuu 
๐Ÿ’•/ัะธัั‚ัั€ ะถัะฝััะฝ 

๐Ÿ’ฅflics๐Ÿ’ฅ
- member visits ๐Ÿค‘
- my face when I'm bouta eat some gedes๐Ÿคค
- "do not feed the wild animals" 
- alexa play birthday party by ajr
- last English class ๐Ÿฅน
- when rent is due ๐Ÿ’ฐ
- what to do at a time like this ๐Ÿ˜€
- me + bethers + chinggis = ๐Ÿคฉ
- rip nalaikh duureg ๐Ÿ•Š
- taught English at a police station ๐Ÿซก
- kfc gang squad up๐Ÿ‘Š















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...