Wednesday, December 18, 2024

Another one bites the dust✊️๐Ÿ˜”

well folks....this is it. The Mario kart music is getting faster, signifying that it is the last round๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜ฆ this week was transfers, I had to say goodbye to half of the sisters in my mtc district. It's so strange that it'll be me going home in 7 weeks๐Ÿ˜ต But all that aside, it was a pretty eventful week. So let's jump right in.

Highlights:

- for pday we visited the huge Buddha statue on the hill๐Ÿ—ฝThere were so many pigeons outside and so, we being the mature adults that we are, tried to catch them๐Ÿ˜€After many fails a guy who was working there saw us struggling and so he whipped out a huge bag of bird seed and handed it over. We started feeding the pigeons so we could get on their good side, and then you crouch a little bit lower....and SNATCH. I missed every single time except for once when I caught one!! and then was so shocked I let it get away. It was a fun activity tho๐Ÿฆ

- we had so many unplanned adventures this week. Sometimes in Mongolia it is hard to find ways to fill our time, but when you are trying your very hardest and putting yourself out there with faith, God will use EVERY single effort๐ŸคHere's a few examples:

 - we have been contacting and trying to meet with a lady for a few transfers now, and all of the sudden one day she just asked if we could come over right then!! Yes it ended up being a little bit of a strange conversation about spirits and chakra... but we got to testify of prayer and she said she's willing to try it. ๐Ÿ™

 - a young mom I've never met before and has not come to church in very long time called us one day asking if we could come over. We had no clue what to expect when we got there. Turns out she has been just lonely and wanting people to talk to. We visited with her, and then went back a few days later to make cookies and bracelets together ๐Ÿฅน๐ŸŒท

 - we have had some amazing taxi drivers this week, and have invited at least 4 of them to English. They were all so excited about our class and hyped to come

 - ended up singing in church with the relief society๐Ÿคฉ (we can't escape the church choir life) they gave us bright red flower pins to wear too๐Ÿ˜› it was fabulous

 - in other news, we had TRANSFERS! Which meant i was back on the polar express train for two nights in a row๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿ™Œ It was fun, but it'll take me a sec to recover from the lack of sleep. I get to stay in erdenet with my new companion sister Stewart!! She is so darling and I am so hyped to see what this transfer holds ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘

- on the train ride coming back from the city we were in a luxury coup๐Ÿ˜It was so exciting, just a little room with two beds, and they gave us water bottles and slippers too. We also had a little girl keep walking into our room and talking to us, she brought us some candy too๐Ÿ˜—It was peak entertainment tbh

- I got to see my lovely hulan when we were in the city and I missed her light and love so bad, it was the best to see her again ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿซถ

- now sister Stewart and I teach english both at the tax department and at the church... so we are busy busy and basically I'll be able to teach English to anyone and anything after this so if you have English questions hmu ig๐Ÿ”™๐Ÿ”›๐Ÿ”

- other side quests include sprinting around the city with a stranger trying to find an atm, getting prayed at and then yelled at by a drunk guy at kfc, dropping my phone into a cattle guard๐Ÿซฃ (but we got it out dont fret), breaking my suitcase wheel while trying to find a taxi, and delivering Christmas packages to the people who didn't go to the city for transfers ๐ŸŽ…

Spiritual thought:

I read a talk this week called "The Grandeur of God" and it was so incredible, please please read it it's sooo good!!


 Here's a quote I liked:

"He was showing us who and what God our Eternal Father is like, how completely devoted He is to His children in every age and nation. In word and in deed Jesus was trying to reveal and make personal to us the true nature of His Father, our Father in Heaven." 


This talk is about how one of Jesus Christ's duties for coming to earth was showing the people exactly how their Heavenly Father is. He showed them God's perfect love. He showed them God's forgiveness. I oftentimes have wondered how I can learn more about God in a way that will allow me to create a better relationship with him, and through this talk I understood how completely and perfectly Christ represented God while he was on earth. Go study about them both and your relationships will grow๐Ÿค

Okay thats ALL for this week!! 


bayrlalaa bayrtai hairtai shuu 


๐Ÿ’•/ัะธัั‚ัั€ ะถัะฝััะฝ


๐Ÿ”คflics๐Ÿ”ค 
- me n my trash cows ๐Ÿšฎ๐Ÿ˜˜
- just two mission moms and their son ๐Ÿ™†‍♀️
- relief society choir ๐ŸŒบ
- tax department English and church English
- khan uul gang๐Ÿซต๐Ÿค๐Ÿ‘Š
- power outage at the church ๐Ÿคฉ
- "if u buy us cheese we will make u quesadillas" ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค















Sister Jensen with Sister Cottam (family friend of the Gustins) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...