Tuesday, December 24, 2024

what do u get when u cross a bell with a skunk?

HELLO HELLO HELLOO AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! I hope you all are having the most splendid amazing week because Christmas is the best and most awesomest time of yearπŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ❄️🦌here's some weekly highlights 

Highlights

- for pday we played a new game! It's called walk up a mountain🀩 I will show you how to play: 1. Start walking. 2. Pick a mountain (preferably with horsesπŸ‘πŸ‘) 3. Climb up the mountain until you end up behind the big Buddha statue. **pro tip: bring gloves✍️

- we had our branch Christmas party and it was lowkey gnarlyπŸ’₯ It started off just like a little spiritual meeting, we sang with the choir and had some short testimonies shared, and then all of the sudden the youth came out and performed a dance they had been practicing all weekπŸ‘πŸ‘We played some games and ate some food, and then the party ended off with an epic dance partyπŸ•Ί If you know me, you know I LOVE dance parties. Starting off with a mosh pit on the first song, I could tell the whole branch was getting hypedπŸ‘©‍πŸŽ€πŸ‘©‍🎀Let me just say, I saw a side of some of the branch leaders that I've never seen before🫣considering they were headbanging to mongolian rap in the middle of the dance circle🀘🀘We rocked out to a variety of songs, and a little 3 year old named gerelterhes became my permanent dance partner. It was definitely the highlight of the weekπŸ‘ΎπŸ’«πŸ™ŒπŸ’…

- we had a super fun meeting with the cutest little family and the power was out for like half of it so we just played games on the floor and it was seriously the funnest time. I love spending time with families here because they make me feel so at home🫢

- we did a huge Christmas jeopardy game for English class, and my favorite parts were the bonus point just dance and christmas karaoke🀠 and also the riddle that went "what do you get when you cross a bell with a skunk?" And the answer was Jingle smellsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†Hilarious right?? Well someone guessed Jingle stinks and me holding in my laughter is probably what led me to the sore abs I have today πŸ˜—πŸ˜—


Spiritual thought:

"when we keep the spirit of Christmas, we keep the Spirit of Christ, for the Christmas spirit is the Christ Spirit. It will block out all the distractions around us which can diminish Christmas and swallow up its true meaning. There is no better time than now, this very Christmas season, for all of us to rededicate ourselves to the principles taught by Jesus Christ. Because He came to earth, we have a perfect example to follow. As we strive to become more like Him, we will have joy and happiness in our lives and peace each day of the year.

It is His example which, if followed, stirs within us more kindness and love, more respect and concern for others. Because He came, there is meaning to our mortal existence. Because He came, we know how to reach out to those in trouble or distress, wherever they may be. Because He came, death has lost its sting, the grave its victory. We will live again because He came. Because He came and paid for our sins, we have the opportunity to gain eternal life. Because He came, we are gathered tonight to worship Him, in bonds of brotherhood and love. May His precious Spirit be with us, and may He ever be the center of our celebrations and indeed of our very lives"

This is from a Christmas devotional given by Thomas S. Monson, I absolutely just love love love it because it puts so plainly and powerfully that the Christmas spirit IS the spirit of Christ!!! Christmas in Mongolia looks so very different than Christmas in America, and this is my second Christmas on my mission....Christmas is my favorite and it is definitely hard sometimes to be away from the love, warmth, and traditions that I'm used to. But here in Mongolia, I have been blessed with the gift and opportunity of sharing the light and joy of the Christmas that I know with others.

It didn't really hit me until I was sitting on the floor of an apartment with a young family talking about the names of Christ, and sharing my testimony of him as our shepherd and our Savior. The Christmas spirit truly does come from him. He is the reason for the season. Because of him we have the gift of feeling joy, love, peace, and we have the chance to share that with others, not just throughput the Christmas season, but every single day. I am so thankful to know Christ as my savior and to be able to be surrounded by the spirit his life and love bringsπŸ’Œ

My challenge for you guys this week is to listen to some Michael buble Christmas 
luv u all

khristiin mendelsnii bayriin mend hurgeyπŸŽ„
πŸ’•/систэр Тэнсэн 


❄️flics❄️
- pizza mizza
- mountain exploration
- if ur fingers aren't this color after setting up Christmas trees, youre doing it wrong
- my dance partner πŸ₯°
- Christmas party πŸ₯³
- best dissy πŸ’«
- 9 pm impulsive nativity recreation
- hydrate or diedrateπŸ’¦









No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...