Monday, January 6, 2025

no one:... me: washing a cow bone at 9 am

howdy folks what's good

I'm running out of creative intro ideas so I'm just not gonna write one hhe ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“

Highlights

- for pday we went ice skating. I made a new friend, her name is Emujin and she's 6 years old. basically we just skated together for a while and it made my whole day she's the cutest ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿซถ

- new year's eve here goes crazy. i would like to give a shout out to the people lighting fireworks in the apartment complex, and the youth who kept trying to call us at 12.30 at night๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€ thanks guys. But also we saw mongolian Santa Claus so #worthit๐ŸŽ…

- we got invited to our new members family dinner for her birthday and it was an absolute blast! Her family is so much fun to be around and we felt so special to be invited over ๐Ÿฅน

- we were bringing some fabric to a seamstress, and on our way out we got stopped by her friend who was selling Korean health products ๐Ÿ˜— she tried to sell us mineral toothpaste, a shirt that had healing rocks in it, and (my personal favorite) a water filter that lasts not 2, not 3, but 100 YEARS๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑshe even made us taste test the water that comes from it. Basically it has healing powers is what it sounded like๐ŸคฉAlso she asked if we've ever been to some further away areas of mongolia, and after saying no she was like that's okay, we can go together! So that was hype. She also said she wants to partner with us and our English class to sell Korean stuff. Nice๐Ÿ’‹

- we were walking around a ger district to explore (deliver cookies) and I found a real life cow shagai bone on the ground๐Ÿ˜ I've been wanting one of these for a while now and so of course when I saw it on the ground I was SO excited so I picked it up and then realized I had no where to put it...cause I didn't want just a raw bone in my coat pocket ๐Ÿค”so I did what any normal person would do, and I picked up a random oddly sticky bag off the side of the path to put the bone in๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Then I took it home and the next day at around 9 am the next morning I found myself boiling the bone clean, and then carving out random attached ligaments with some random tools from a manicure kit I had๐Ÿ˜†I feel like perhaps I am becoming a mongol ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ

- tonight we have an exchange and so we had to go find a taxi driver who would take us to a random little city to switch with the stls and the come back. I was soo nervous cause I had no idea who or how or where to ask someone for this๐Ÿซฃ But we witnessed a miracle as I was walking into the bus stop a random guy stopped us, asked where we were going, and offered to take us. So cool๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘

- we had an online lesson with someone, but we didn't understand his phone call well so when we tried to call him on Facebook we accidentally added some rando to a group chat and tried to call them๐Ÿ˜ช After a few minutes of them not answering (luckily) we realized it was the wrong person hhe

- got my my plan ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จit means I'm leaving soon u guys 

 Spiritual thought:

Moroni 7: 33 And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.

 This is a scripture that we have been sharing a ton here in erdenet lately. It is all about faith, and when you have faith, you will have the opportunity to see miracles. It's amazing to see how my faith has grown over this past year. I like to think my faith has always been strong, but something about being a missionary truly forces the faith out of you. Because fully depending on God is your only option, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Because my faith has grown and I see that in myself, and I also see and recognize the hand of God in my life every day. One of my favorite things about being a missionary is that you get to focus solely on the gospel. And so when I see little tiny miracles, I recognize that it is a miracle and a gift from God, when before I mightve shrugged it off as a coincidence. For example, the taxi driver just being outside for us. I promise you all that as you look for those daily miracles you will find them and your faith will grow!๐Ÿค 

Remember kids, God made you special, and he loves you very much๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅ’

BYE

๐Ÿ’•/ัะธัั‚ัั€ ะถัะฝััะฝ

 flics

- ice skating ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

- mongol Santa ❄️❄️❄️

- pov us after new years ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

- my cow shagai woot woot

- pov us calling the wrong ppl ๐Ÿ˜Œ

- one of the girls posted this fit check on her story ๐Ÿ˜ช













No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...