Saturday, August 26, 2023

Elder Malfatto and the Hunt for the Ogden Snow Leopard

Сайн уу!! юу байна?? It is so crazy to think that I have already been a missionary for a whole week! and WOW what a week it was. I am seriously so exhausted but also SO ready to get to Provo! 

This week started off strong with a workshop for all the new missionaries! there were 613 of us!! after our workshop we had our first class with our district. I was a little nervous to meet them because I'm gonna be spending the next TEN WEEKS with these people. And let me tell ya. It was SO AWKWARDDDDD (zoom calls always are) but after we started talking and getting to know each other it was so so fun!! We had more classes throughout the day and I learned a ton but also was in great need of a back massage from sitting all day.
 
Basically this whole weeks schedule went as follows: wake up, exercise, eat, companion study, personal study, language tutoring, workshop, lunch, class, dinner, class. It may not seem like a lot but honestly I was running on fruit snacks, chocolate milk, and ibuprofen by the end of it haha! but no regrets!! Also my companions name is Sister Udy and she is an ICON! she is seriously the funniest person ever and so so sweet! 
 
Now if you've made it all the way down to this point in the email, you are probably still confused about the subject line. Basically, we kept our teacher distracted answering questions about Mongolia for a good 20 minutes of class. 

Elder Malfatto seemed especially interested in the snow leopards, and we don't know what kind of excursion he's planning, but he also asked about wolves, hiking boots, machetes, and then we got all distracted and started texting on our district group chat to have him keep coming up with obscure questions to keep our teacher off topic. 

And then Sister Painter photoshopped a picture of him with his $7 walmart machete, hunting a snow leopard with Brother Ogden's (our language tutor) face on it. It made us all laugh and then our teacher found out about our secret group chat. It was the peak of the day though haha.
 
Some questions you may have about this week:
1. are you fluent in Mongolian now?  short answer is: тусламж илгээх
2. how many fruit snacks did you eat? probably like 4 a day lol
3. are you ready to leave? my wool socks and thermal tights have been sitting on my window seat ready to be packed up so I guess you could say that.
4. any good quotes? "no one as funny as you deserves to be that tall" - elder Peterson during the debate of Brother Ogden's height.
 
Okay spiritual thought for the week!! Elder Maddox Thompson let me borrow a book called "The Stewardship Principle" by Ganel-lyn Condie. if you haven't read this i invite you to READ IT ASAPPP ITS SERIOUSLY SO SO GOOD!! and it's only like 60 pages. It talks about how everything we have in life is really just ours to sort of borrow/take care of from God. It all really belongs to him. I need to try and do my best to use the resources I've been given, yes that means trials and blessings, to learn, grow, and help others! I don't have to be perfect because Christ was already perfect for me. It's more about the efforts I put into my life than the outcomes that are out of my control. anyway I thought that was a super cool thought! 

I love you all, and I know God loves you too! He is always going to be there to help you the second you decide to reach out to him! Have an amazing week!!
 
баяртай!
Женсен эгч (sister Jensen)
 
pics include:
1. chocolate milk that will soon turn into horse milk when I wear this coat in mongolia
2. elder malfattos hunt
3. the homies in the district 
4. a cool quote by elder gong
5. мормоны ном
6. just me lol
7. chick fil la la!!
8. sleepy time missionary
9. home mtc being official fr fr





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...