Wednesday, August 30, 2023

MTC Dropoff!! (Mom Post)

Jaiden gave many of her goodbye's the day before she left for the MTC (Tuesday, August 29):

Wednesday morning, Jaiden and I worked out in the Shane and Alicia's home gym and then she went to get ready and I went on a nice long walk. Jaiden said her goodbyes to Grandma and Grandpa Westra and we all got ready and packed up! We headed to Provo to pick up Janelle and saw her new apartment. Then we met everyone for lunch at the Golden Corral in Orem.

Janika, Brandon, Everett and Ellen, Evan, Eli met us there. Jase and Jared had to work. I was SO hungry and everything tasted go good to me! Then Jaiden said goodbye to everyone and Rick and I headed with her and Janelle to the Provo Temple where we took a few pictures. Then we dropped her off! I didn't get emotional until right there at the end when we were dropping her off in the parking garage and saying our final goodbyes! We are excited for all of the adventures that lie ahead!  

These are the last pictures we will have of a missionary in front of this particular Provo temple. It will be demolished next spring (after 52 years in existence) in order to build a new temple on the same site.  I remember going to this temple every week when I was in the MTC in 1989!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...