(From Jaiden) Today was my farewell and it was super cool! I was very very nervous about my talk, but I had it written ahead of time and I practiced it a LOT. Finally it came time for my talk and it was a little shorter then I prepared for, but I think I did well! I talked about my mission scripture (3rd Nephi 5:13) and how I've gained faith to take this leap to serve a mission! I got tons of compliments on it and I looked up at all the people there instead of just reading it!
Maddox got to come as a missionary and it was Soo Soo good to see him!! His whole family came too! And I had 8 friends come from out of town to see me! And I had lots of people there to support me it was super cool! We all went to my house for lunch after and it was so so good to talk to everyone. I only had to say my actual goodbyes to a few people since I don't actually start my mission til next week, but it was still sad to say goodbye. We took lots of pictures and everyone talked for a long time!!
After everyone left Maddox got to come back over with his dad to give me a blessing. It was very cool because it was the first blessing he's ever given someone! He blessed me with a lot of things that will be helpful in my mission and as I am preparing for my mission. After that we just talked for like an hour and it was super fun!
Then we had to say our last goodbyes for two years because he leaves for Brazil tomorrow. We already had our hard and sad goodbye, and I feel like this was more of an exciting see you later!! It was really good. I am getting more and more excited for my mission every day, and I am glad that I have so many people in my life to support me!
(From Wendy): Today was such a happy day! Jaiden did a great job on her talk and spoke from the heart. During church I felt a rush of gratitude. I felt gratitude for Heavenly Father and His plan, for my Savior and His Atonement, for my husband and our marriage, and for our children. I am truly blessed!
We had a nice luncheon at our house afterwards with way more young adults than I was expecting. I was able to get a picture of some of them, but forgot to get pictures with others before they left.
There were also a lot who came to the farewell but didn't come to the house after. It was fun that Derek and Danielle could come with their kids. They were in town with Danielle's family and so the timing worked out for them to be there! Kiera and Emily did a beautiful job on the musical number. Emily had just gotten over Covid and so we were worried about that, but it all went well! We are grateful that Jared could come to her farewell and bring his girlfriend, Hallie.
I spent the entire day yesterday cooking. We had pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, jello salad, green salad, chicken salad, watermelon, brownies, and cookies. Rick and the kids helped a lot also. I was grateful that we had enough of everything and didn't run out. Everyone seemed to enjoy eating and visiting. Jaiden was able to see Maddox, and Rick and I were able to visit with him and his Dad (his temporary companion) for about an hour. Jaiden and Maddox gave their last goodbye before he flies to the Brazil MTC tomorrow.
Jaiden was then able to leave with her SUU friends to head up North for a day at Lagoon tomorrow -- one last HOO-RAH before she starts her mission next week! Janelle, Rick, and I then went to Justin Gulbranson's missionary homecoming open house tonight and had a good visit with neighbors there. It was a wonderful fulfilling day!





No comments:
Post a Comment