Monday, December 18, 2023

The Holy Ghost goes to bed at midnight, but I do karaoke at 4am๐Ÿ‘พ

Sain uu hairtuud mini๐Ÿฅฐ sonin saihan yu baina ๐Ÿ™ƒ this week was so so fun!! Lots of crazy and unexpected things happened so yeahhhh let's get into it.

Highlights: 

- first off. This morning we woke up to watch the sunrise...we accidentally got there like an hour and a half early, so we spent this time outside on a hill pacing back and forth so we wouldn't freeze to death๐Ÿ‘„

- Sister Gearhart had her last full day as a missionary and my last full day in Enkhtaivan! That meant an entire day of visiting with everyone ever and eating So. Much. Food. My stomach was about to explode, but I have no regrets

- we made paper snowflakes in English and did Christmas hangman, I was told my hangman words were too easy so I went to "maximum difficulty" and did Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and holy cow I haven't seen hangman that intense since Sunday school๐Ÿคง

- we had strawberries at a members house๐Ÿคค 

- then the day of transfers came!! I got to see so so many of my friends all at once and it was awesome. Then I had to say bye to everyone which was saddddd rip minii saihan eej Sister Gearhart, but then I met my new comp sister Allen!! She is so sweet and so much fun to talk to!

- had a 12 HOUR BUS RIDE TO CHOIBALSAN!! And I thought sleeping on an airplane was hard....this bus ride was an interesting experience for sure. When we stopped you had to pay to use the bathrooms, oh and I forgot to mention the toilet paper is not included in all of this. Luckily for me I decided I need to follow whatever spiritual promptings I receive even when they seem weird like "put toilet paper in your backpack" ?? But im so glad I did hehe๐Ÿซก

- the bus decided to wake everyone up by turning on Mongolian karaoke at 4 am!! I've had these songs stuck in my head all week๐Ÿค“ 

- within my first 2 days of being in this area, I got put in charge of leading the youth in singing some songs at the ward Christmas party, and then the next day I got asked to teach them a dance to perform at the party too! So I never imagined being a missionary who is attempting to teach some young women a dance to "Santa tell me" in a language I don't really know, but it was fun๐Ÿ’ƒ

-we got to teach at the orphanage!!!! This was the best day of my life. Most of you probably know how much I love spending time with and teaching kids. We talked about seasons and sang once there was a snowman!! There was also a little 3 year old named Anar who grinned so big as soon as he saw me and then just ran up and hugged me. Like seriously I want to take him home with me lol๐Ÿฅฐ

- on Sunday I decided to be super brave and do an unplanned musical number in church with the song recordings they have on the piano. It wasn't anything too special, but it helps me feel like I can share my testimony in a different way! 

-there are cows here that just wander around!! Like we will be walking somewhere and just see a cow and the Mongolians think I'm funny for making such a big deal out of it but I think it's hilarious ๐Ÿฎ also cow skulls and skins are everywhere too

- they put some Christmas decorations in the square!!! This was a huge blessing for me. Christmas isn't really celebrated here, and i wont be able to go to the big mission lunch since im in tve countryside, but the fact that there is a big decorated tree right outside my window is a HUGE blessing!!!!



Spiritual thought: 

"I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance" I have seen so many tender mercies this week, and even thought I can't speak Mongolian and I feel like i have no clue what I'm doing here, every single tender mercy I get strengthens my faith and my trust in God!! I feel very strongly that Choibalsan is exactly where I need to be right now, I can't thank God enough for helping me see that in all the little things each day. 

๐Ÿ„flics๐Ÿ„
- the sunrise ☀️
- this mystical place where steam blows and freezes on all the trees๐Ÿ˜ถ‍๐ŸŒซ️
- the Christmas tree in the square
- the bus ride๐Ÿซจ๐Ÿ˜ต‍๐Ÿ’ซ
- the cutest kids ever at the orphanage ๐Ÿค—
- yeah so we do crafts in English class what about it๐Ÿ˜Œ
- visiting some cute members
- some cows and a featured cow head๐Ÿฅฑ
- health benefits of living in Mongolia๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿฅฐ














No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...