Monday, December 4, 2023

Can you move as fast as two turtles on a skateboard?๐Ÿข๐Ÿ’จ

Sn uu๐Ÿฅฐta buten sain udur 10aas manai sumiin tsuglaand ireh bolomjtoi yu?๐Ÿ˜‡ yes I did in fact just invite you to my church. That's the text I sent to sooo many people on saturday, and basically you could say I'm like a texting pro now so...yeah. this week was fun I'm gonna be honest I feel like i only remember 5 things that happened but yeah lol. 

Highlights:

- went bowling for pday last week...let's just say team jensen, hensley, and gilbert for the win BOTH times๐Ÿ’ช

-started the week off strong with my shower head fully falling off the wall mid shower๐Ÿซฐ

- we had zone conference!! It was a blast and me, sister Gearhart, and sister Lee did a musical number, and were given the name of a Mongolian girl band called "the kiwis"

- we went to a members house for dinner and as soon as we walked in we were pulled along by his son to show us his two pet turtles. They are named Bill (pronounced ะฑะธะปะป basically like beeth) and Rocky. I never knew turtles could be a man's best friend, but this little boy ADORED his turtles. He would have them race and put them on the dinner table, the couch, and my shoulders. then he got a skateboard a proceeded to place them both on it and roll them around til they fell off...it was insane and highly entertaining ๐Ÿข

- also while we were at this house, the member said a very animated story in Mongolian which I didn't understand, and then looked at me dead in the eye, and in perfect English said "don't eat the yellow snow" ๐Ÿซก

- we visited ganbaatar's ger and he is quite the jokester. Once he found out I had only been here a month and know very few words, he asked me to teach the last section of the plan of salvation lesson. And he made me sit on a stool in the middle of the room right in front of him to do it haha. I have basically no vocabulary for this so I said about two sentences before I got asked a question and turned around to elder gilbert for help with an obvious fear in my eyes and my goofy smile I do in all awkward situations ๐Ÿ™ƒ 

-we got to go to the selbe elders baptism and I got to sing at it and sister Gearhart played her viola! Of course we only chose a song about 10 minutes before it started and went through it one time, but it went well and was super fun! We got to bring some friends we are teaching to the baptism which was awesome 

- we saw sooo many dogs this week and one followed us all the way home. We think she should be friends with the cat (named ะปะพะฑะฑะธ) that sometimes lives inside our apartment lobby๐Ÿ˜™

-all the missionary Google photos are broken right now and say we are out of storage and that we've used up like an insane amount and holy crap that was a jump scare last week ๐Ÿซ  I was like bruh been in Mongolia a month and I'm ready outa storage??? Hhe

Spiritual thought:

2 Nephi 19:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace
As we start this Christmas season, I want everyone to remember the real reason we are celebrating!! It's interesting here in Mongolia, because most people don't celebrate Christmas. It definitely has been making me focus on the real important parts of Christmas. To kick off this December I have two challenges!! 1. Watch the first presidency Christmas devotional!! 2. Participate in light the world! It is actually so simple but makes me so happy. Every time I put a sticker on my little light the worls calendar, I feel like I'm growing a little bit closer to Christ this season. 

๐Ÿขflics๐Ÿข
- turtles 
- zone conference 
- ganbaatar and me in the hot seat fr ๐Ÿซฃ
- the air quality actually being hazardous ๐Ÿซ 
- selbe baptism!
- puppies 
- this little boy claims he's the ice king๐Ÿ‘€
- me and Sister Lee made some nutritious and delicious yet somewhat interesting looking cookies ๐Ÿ˜

HAVE THE BEST WEEK EVER I LOVE YOU ALL!!! ะฅะะ™ะ ะขะะ™ ะจาฎาฎ ะ”ะญะญ ๐Ÿฅฐ
๐Ÿ’•/ ัะธัั‚ัั€ ะถัะฝััะฝ 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...