Monday, December 11, 2023

white jumpsuits in brown water πŸ€ŽπŸ˜‡

Sain baitsgaana uu!! sonin saihan yu baina daaaaa😁😁I hope everyone had such a fantastic week!! This week went by super quick! It's crazy that my first transfer in Mongolia is practically over! **read to the end for wild transfer news!!


Highlights πŸ‘

-went bowling again...for everyone who has seen me bowl before I will have you know I scored 104 one of the rounds soπŸ’ͺ

- had dinner with the Well's (a senior couple) they made horchata and we ate in their adorable apartment with a Christmas tree and a fake fireplace on the TV😍

- they gave me some of their horchata base mix so I could make my own!! Only downside, I forgot to look at all the directions before hand so....a few days later I was using a sock as a nut bag strainer, sugar instead of syrup, and stirring it over heat to try and get the over stiffened rice and cinnamon mix to stir into the milk. Go team. At least it tasted good πŸ€·πŸΌ‍♀️

- Camille Johnson came and did a women's conference here!! It was AMAZING she is the coolest and I got to meet her!! 

- we made cinnamon rolls at bayarmaas!! And had them with hot chocolate. It was amazing
🀀
- I got to do an exchange with sister Vick in ΡΠΎΠ½Π³ΠΈΠ½ΠΎπŸ§… We took a book of Mormon to a member's house so they could write their testimony in it and give it to a friend. Our one flaw was that only the kids were home and they couldn't figure out how to get the door unlocked. After lots of shaking and slamming of the door handle, they finally gave up and we just left the book in the door handle outside and shouted for them to tell their parents through the door πŸ«°

- met a girl named Octavia, she told me that she was getting nervous talking to me cause I look like Cassie. And I was like Cassie who??? And she goes you don't know??? And pulled up a picture of the girl from euphoria lol. So my celeb look alike ig??

- I learned that some Mongolians can't tell the difference between "robber" and "rubber" in English, so we did a fun tongue twister and they pronounced both words the same each time

- got to do a light the world service project where we made food and hygiene kits for people, and it was SO fun and I have never carried so many bags of flour in my life 

- HAD A BAPTISM!!! congrats to zoloo, enkhjin, and soeloo🫢so so proud of them. We combined with the bayngol and selbe wards, so we had 5 people getting baptized in total and we had a great turn out!! Also the font water was brown...and the font plug is broken. Idea #1 was to stick the plug down and cover it with a plunger to keep it suctioned to the ground. Sadly it didnt work so we had to use tape to stick the plug down😘

- had lunch with a member and she made us Mongolian food but it was actually the best I've ever had. And then she made us FULLY AMERICAN APPLE PIE. she learned from YouTube. Best pie I've ever had in my entire life ngl

- once upon a time I was studying my Mongolian, and I paused for a sec and thought to myself "dang. I miss studying for my functional kinesiology class" bruh WHAT I did not like that class so.....that's crazy that I even thought that. Anyway yayyyy language I love studying ohhh yeahhhh.

- TRANSFER NEWS!!! Guess what folks! This next transfer I am getting shipped out to CHOIBALSAN!!! With sister Allen!! I could not be more excited!! It's right on the edge of the right side of Mongolia!! It'll be about a 9ish hour drive to get there I think...? But im seriously so stoked.

Spiritual thought 

Mosiah 7:33 But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage. I absolutely love this scripture. This week, especially with transfers coming up, I've been trying to focus on what God jas planned for me. I know that he has a plan for me and all things will work for my good if I keep trusting him!! Even if it doesn't work out the way I planned, in the end God's way is the best way! 

Have a great week before Christmas weekπŸ₯°πŸŽ„
πŸ’•/ систэр Тэнсэн 

☀️flics☀️
- brown font water yummy yum
- service project πŸ’›
- mongol hool (Mongolian foooood)
- the sky deciding to be the main character on multiple occasions 
- exchanges!!
- bApTiSm!!!
- map of where I am going!!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...