Monday, December 25, 2023

Hey siri: What do you do when a drunk lady sniffs and kisses you?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!! Zul sariin mend and Христийн мэндэлсний баярын мэнд хүргэе! I love you all and hope you had a wonderful day!! Christmas here was def fs not your average Christmas. But also SO much happened this week so sorry if this is long. If ur a real one then read it 🫡if not than I'll attach cool pics at the bottom 🙏

HIGHLIGHTS:

- went sledding on some cardboard down a little hill. Go team

- found out my hidden talent for drawing little cartoon reindeer??? I usually can't draw to save my life, but it came in clutch during English class🦌

- Sister Allen dropped a Christmas light plug into her soup. It did NOT light up like the salt water/light bulb chemistry experiment 💡

- taught the kids at the orphanage some Christmas words and had them color their own snow globes and then we sang Christmas songs. I love them all and want to take them all home 💖 

- got told I look like Scarlett Johanson? That's a new one. I also got many compliments on my "хамар мамар" or nose mose. Don't ask why they add the m part on who knows fr fr😪

- saw cows getting herded by a guy on a horse and I was so excited and so he let us take a picture with his horse!!!
- THE BRANCH CHRISTMAS PARTY. This was an experience fr fr.

 1. Started an hour later than planned.

 2. Turned into a talent show where I sang, did a dance to "Santa Tell Me," by Ariana Grande with the young women (we've been practicing all week lol hmu if you want the video) and lead the youth in musical numbers. All in my  socks btw 🤘 


3. Had "refreshments" that consisted of salami and cucumber sandwiches and salami sushi rolls...and like a few grapes and half an apple. Feast fr fr. Not a meal tho. Just refreshments. Oh I also forgot to mention the dress code for this party. Some people went all out. Crowns. Formal dresses. Suits. Others just wore Christmas sweaters and stuff. It was an interesting mix fs🥱

- on Christmas eve we visited some less active members and sang silent night to them. I was so thankful to be able to spread Christmas cheer! It reminded me of my days as both a madrigal and a hands in harmony caroler. Although some of the kids here covered their ears while we sang🫥...I thought we sounded pretty good. sister Allen and I also recorded the song "oh holy night" and made a little video to go with it. Its nothing too special, but singing always helps me to feel the Christmas spirit!!

   

- a girl we are teaching gave us little Christmas present and a card. She wrote me the card in English and it almost made me cry it is actually the cutest thing ever 

- we got to take a mini Mongolian sign language class from a cute lady in our ward. 

Christmas day:

Christmas day started off with sister Allen and I opening our packages on the floor under our little tree. I have never been so excited to see a box of cheese-its and peanut butter in my whole life!! We then got invited to a funeral luncheon. Festive I know. It was interesting to see all the traditions, you walk in, take a sugar cube, dip it in milk and eat it. Then when you leave, they give you a gift bag with lots of scented Buddhist things in them. Also this weird yak oil supplement that is supposed to make my skin good or sum like that?? Idk check in with me next week. 

Then we got to teach a few lessons and I was SO grateful to be able to share about Christ especially on this day. I shared more than I usually do. Which was only about 5 sentences, but I was understood which was a huge blessing. We got to play Uno with some youth, they are cracked at card games it's wild. Then we had a fun experience...let me set the scene. It's Christmas day in the afternoon. You walk behind two abandoned buildings, past a pile of disembodied cow parts, to a little tiny humble ger. 

We taught a little family about God and Jesus Christ. Although the scene soon changed as the husband and wife started raising their voices loudly and telling stories and praising God very intensely and repeated every word sister allen said while throwing in a few amens. I'm not really sure what was going on, but we ended and said a prayer, and then the lady got up and gave me a tight hug and sniffed both my cheeks, which Mongolians sometimes do, but then she walked us outside and very excitedly gave me a fat kiss on the cheek as we walked away sister Allen told me they were drunk. Merry Christmas to you too i guess😘 

Then we got to go visit a family for family home evening!! We ate dinner, played uno, shared a Christmas video and a thought about service and sharing your light, and then the elders gave them some blessings of health since a fee of them were sick. It was super cool, even if one of the little kids was peeing in a bucket during one of the blessings...🫣

Although the way I spent Christmas wasn't exactly how I imagined it would be, when I look back on it I can see so many blessings and tender mercies that filled the day. I am so thankful that I have the knowledge of Jesus Christ, and that he was born for us. He truly is the light of the world!! And through his light we too can spread light to others! 

Mattew 5: 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight! 
 
Hairtai shuu!!
❤️🤍💚систэр жэнсэн 

🕯flics🕯
- teaching the gospel to a cow️🐮
- actually dancing my heart out at the party and leading the music in my socks🥱
- most beautiful snow globes I ever did see🥹
- my Christmas dinner 😍
- sushi???🫣
- cute people I love visiting 💖
- the sunsets here👨‍🍳😘
- lOoK mOm SaNtA cAmE!!! 
- horse 🤘🤘🤘
- Cutest note ever 🥰
- peanut butter🥹🤤🤤🤤 


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...