Monday, January 8, 2024

It's like teaching English to a cowπŸ€«πŸ’ƒ

Have you ever heard that saying? ?It's like teaching English to a cow? Yeah I figured not...that's because you shouldn't try to teach English to cows. How I was I supposed to know he didn't want to be disturbed while having a feast out of a trash can? Whatever you can't teach em all I guess. But that aside! Sain uu manaikhan ugluunii mend!! Welcome back to this week's episode of Jaiden in mon❄️cold❄️ia

Highlights: 

-we visited a member who lives way on the edge of choibalsan. It looked like a movie set out there it was so windy and cool 

- so many people ghosted us. This means we spent a whole day making cookies (at the church...due to our lack of an oven in our apartment🀐) and bringing them to people! This ties into my spiritual thought so stay tuned 

- I had my first whole conversation on the phone. Mongolian does not transfer well over phone hehe but I set up a meeting with someone and kept the convo going even when he went off script. It was a win fr😏

- saw cows. Lots of cows. So many cows. Don't worry mom I didn't pet them...yetπŸ˜ͺ

- I learned a new trick they do here in Mongolia. Yknow time out? Instead of that they tie their kids to a pole so they have a lil leash✌️πŸ˜— 

-had the most intense game of charades in English class. We talked about careers and I've never seen such intense acting on words like "firefighter" and "doctor"πŸ₯·

- taught my Anna home kids and one adorable little girl with the biggest smile showed me a little green felt heart she had in her hands, and then walked right up to me and stuck it in my pocket. πŸ’š

- I ate horse tsoivan. Sorry to all the horse girls out there...but it was super good πŸ‘…

- we had the BEST fast and testimony meeting at church on Sunday. So many people and youth shared their testimonies, and so the meeting went over haha. I even got up and shared like 4 lines about God's love. I felt so happy and felt the spirit so strong.

Spiritual thought:

Our mission decided to choose a scripture as a theme for each transfer. The these right now is Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding" as we delivered cookies this week, I was REALLY praying to be led to someone. I feel like that's a typical "missionary experience" yknow? And since I can't proselyte I was trying to find other ways to have that cool experience. However, as the sun began to set we kept walking and walking around in this little baishan district, tears freezing to my face, and no where seemed right. I felt like I wasn't getting a single answer. We left the district and kept walking around. It was freezing and windy outside, we stopped and brought cookies to another family we were teaching, and our way back we walked through the zaah. 

There is a old lady who always stands in the store entryway and sings in front of a cardboard box. I really wanted to bring her cookies, although that's super weird like to have a stranger give you cookies...but i went inside and the only thing I could say was "Тигнэмэг хийсэн" or "made cookies" and as I handed them to her, she pulled down her mask to reveal a huge smile, and said something along the lines of "cute Russian." After we left we then got in a taxi, and the taxi driver seemed pretty talkative. We took this opportunity to give him an English card and he said he would have his son come to English class!! 

Sorry those were long stories hehe. Even though I did not have that "typical mission experience" of being led to a random house or person to visit, I was led without realizing it. We may have been wandering around outside for close to an hour, but if we weren't then we may not have had that taxi driver. Or I may not have seen the lady at the zaah. God has a perfect plan and his plan is better than ours! I am so grateful for his guiding hand in missionary work 

I love you all!!! Have a fantastic week minii hamgiin durtai humuus πŸ«Ά
πŸ’•/систэр Тэнсэн 

πŸ’‘flicsπŸ’‘

- English class craftsπŸ‘Š
- master chefs who πŸ₯Έ
- lots of cows. We have a Jumpscare cow, me trying to take pictures of lots of cows, and tryna proselyte English fr fr🫨
- choibalsan sunsets >>>>
- this is anarπŸ₯Ήhe is so cute and loves high fives and giving hugs
- our names written in Mongolian script cause we fancy like that
- haven't learned this other boy's name yet, but he is also so cute hahaπŸ˜›
- payin rent frπŸ€‘
- people and placesπŸ₯°and lime pepsi
- BABY PUPPY
πŸ‡²πŸ‡³πŸ‡·πŸ‡ΊπŸ’₯πŸ’‚‍♂️
- the edge of the world fr
- a video of me talking to a cow (from a safe distance mom I swear)















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...