Monday, January 29, 2024

Barbie's Dreamhouse ain't got nothin on meπŸ’‹

Ugluunii mend manaikhan! i hope you all had a splendid week because my week was epic. first off we got transfer news and I get to stay in my lovely Choibalsan!! but i am officially out of training and so basically you could say i'm ready for any situation... (this is not true a lady apparently invited me over to her house for tsagaan sar and I had no idea what she was saying so I just stood there smiling at her til she called me cute and left) anyway. let's get into it.

- I got made fun of for trying on Mongolian hats at the outdoor market. Everyone was pointing and laughing at the "Russian girl trying on hats" it's funny bc they thought I couldn't understand them😏 And they were right🀐 lol sis Allen told me what was happening...but i got an epic Mongolian vest and also the pearl headband thing so I'm ready for tsagaan sar 

- spent an ENTIRE day making cookies and delivering them to people! i feel like we probably walked the length of the city. twice. And somehow the wind was blowing in our face no matter which direction we walked, but it was super fun and we got asked for our recipe hehe *shout out to sister Gearhart for sending it to me*

- had a VERY chaotic beginner class at Anna Home. this led to an impulsive freeze dance party at the end of class! i'm not quite sure how much they really learned...but it was super fun. I'm insanely grateful I get to teach then for another transfer πŸ₯ΉπŸ™

-visited with a member and had buuz for dinner. the meat was πŸ©·pink🩷....is this normal?? pls lmk. but i mean im still breathing so what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ig🦾

- decided to live translate the "Belle" song from Beauty and the Beast into Mongolian while making lunch and while I'm 100% sure it was not grammatically correct, my version of the song is pretty good so uhh...if Disney needs someone to translate the voice over I volunteer πŸ€

- there is the sweetest little girl in my ward who has the biggest smile. i don't know her name and i think i've only talked to her like once. but after church as soon as she saw me she ran up to me and hugged me

- I got asked to sing in church right before church started so the random accompaniment recordings on the piano be coming in clutch fs...after I sang some old guy came up go me, asked if I knew a certain song and then said in a super thick accent "lady gaga. Shakira" super slowly and that's all I really understood from the conversation πŸ€“

- in English class I had my students all design their "dream house" and I really hope that one day I can visit their "4 story house with a candy room, sauna, slide, and a secret basement with a game room" that will be located in Switzerland πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­πŸ˜

spiritual thought:

You guys the Book of Mormon is so special!! I have grown up with it my whole life and I think sometimes I take it for granted. This week I got to see my lovely enkhtsetseg carefully fold down the corner of a page of a scripture we shared so she could go back and read it.

Then the next day, I saw my sweet enkhchimeg stand up off her stool, and walk to the cupboard to grab a highlighter to mark a scripture even though she is very old and struggles to walk sometimes. These two humble little actions have stuck with me all week. 

2 Nephi 32:3 "....Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do"

The Book of Mormon truly is the word of God and I am so thankful that I can help share that with people! It's such an amazing gift and I'm so grateful we have it on the Earth today πŸ’› 

Have a good week everyone!! Be safe, choose the right, and don't do drugs πŸ™Œ
HAIRTAI SHUUUUU
πŸ’•/систэр Тэнсэн 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...