Monday, February 5, 2024

what's mutual without sandwiches and tik toks⁉️⁉️

Wassup guys. The answer to the question above? Nothing. That's what. Our youth activity this week was on another level for sure. So uhh.....here we go

- first off now I'll actually explain the mutual activity. The leaders have been planning this activity for a bit and so I was stoked (mostly when I found out they would have 'refreshments' *sandwiches*) and the youth were invited to bring a friend or investigator to the activity. 

First there was a spiritual thought and then we ate and played some intense games using paper cups and ping pong balls. (Team 1 for the win) Then one of the leaders had a group tik tok she'd been DYING to make. So she grabbed me and stuck me right in front😘 I will attach a video down below

- also yesterday we had SEVEN lessons planned. Guess how many happened? Zero πŸ€© tsagaan sar prep I guess....its okay tho we still try our best

- this week we visited a member and she was playing Mongolian songs and asked I knew any! I let it slip that I knew "minii saihan eej" which I learned in the mtc...long story short she asked me to sing for herπŸ’… and then also gave me another song to learn

- this family has intense rules when it comes to uno: if you lose, you have to show a talent. There was karaoke and reciting poems and doing the splits all around it was epicπŸ₯‡πŸ“’

- also....something random I've realized is I haven't seen a speed limit sign since coming to mongolia. Is that not a thing here??

- our toilet broke and our light fixture broke πŸ˜but don't worry our toilet is fixed now

- last week we had a jehovas witness come knock on our door and as soon as they saw us they whipped out perfect English literally out of nowhere πŸ€“and then asked if we went to the church across the street it was funny

- we were teaching a lesson to a little 8 year old in our branch and the words for Holy Ghost, temple, and sacrament are all pretty similar in Mongolian...she told us with full confidence that after you get baptized you receive the temple (holy ghost) and the temple (sacrament) meeting the next day...not quite but we're getting there!! πŸ˜

- elder Malfatto and I made an English video!! As of right now it is at 70K views!! Go like, share, and subscribe and tell all your Mongolian friends who live in Choibalsan to come to our free english class hehe. Last night we had about 50 which is WAY more than usual!! 

- I've also been recording primary songs in Mongolian! Since most the leaders are converts they never learned the songs so they can use my videos to help teach. So basically when I have all seven lessons cancel this is how I spend my time lol🎡

- I taught my most successful English class ever at Anna Home this week. Who knew that when you teach about animals and sing songs about hopping like a bunny, swimming like a fish, and chomping like a crocodile that they would actually retain all the info and stay focused for the whole class?? It was so epic and I always love spending my Saturday afternoon singing and dancing with kids πŸ€©πŸ€©

- we did district face mask night. I got a snail goo mask and it was amazing πŸ’―πŸ’―my skin has never looked better lol.

- also I hope you all know that I've actually been becoming a master chef here. Using my singular hot plate and frying pan, I am actually becoming unstoppableπŸš«πŸ§’πŸ™…‍♀️

Spiritual thought:

This week I've been studying in 3 Nephi!! I absolutely love the stories of Christ visiting the Nephites. One specific thing that I focused on was the humility Christ shows as he spends time with those people. When he prays for them he kneels down. His white clean robe on the dirt floor. He prays and gives thanks to God and asks for blessings for the people. 

Here he is, having just been resurrected, and being the Savior of these people, yet he still kneels with them to pray to his Father. I think that's so cool and I can't help but feel like he prays the same way for me too. Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven

Okay I love you all so so much!! Have the best week ever πŸ’“ the point is in and we're out SEEYAA. (iykyk tbh) 

πŸ’•/систэр Тэнсэн 

πŸ’«flicsπŸ’«

- I'm just so hyped for tsagaan sar yall don't even know (maybe pray for my stomach tho tbhhhhh as I will be eating lots of Mongolian foodπŸ™)

- enguunee and nomin πŸ˜‡

- Google translated screenshots of a text that we got on the choibalsan fb page πŸ«£

- the outside world, cows, and puppies πŸ˜—

- he was a skater boy, she said see ya later boyπŸ›ΉπŸ©°

- when she's gertee πŸ₯΅

- face masks with the new dissyπŸ€‘

- mutual tik toks πŸ•ΆπŸ”₯







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...