Monday, March 18, 2024

"No sir, I do not know the tango"

Anyone know how to say this in Mongolian^^^^ because I think it would be a useful skill for me to learn.

WOOOOW I survived the week as a trainer!! Who knew I was capable of that?? I have learned so much, including a game called "call a bunch of people and pretend I know what they're saying" it's great! 

Highlights:

- I've had to make so so many phone calls this week and for the most part I'm shocked at my own understanding. And then other times I can't tell if they want me to send them a cookie recipe or make a bunch of cookies for a party πŸ€‘so we just made all the cookies just in case hehe

- I got to take sister Boyle to Anna Home which is my fav place!! The kids found out it was her birthday and they were so excited to sing to her and all walked up to shake her hand🫢

- speaking of it being sister Boyle's birthday, we of course had to stop at jur ur to get a cake and a birthday crown! And we would've had a party, but then we decided why have a party when we can just eat the WHOLE CAKE OURSELVESπŸŽ‚πŸ˜€

- we also happened to walk in on some wild relief society party (I guess this is what we made the cookies for lol) and they had a bunch of weird food and everyone ate it (using the same like 15 plates and forks ofc) they also had a little photo op and all of the relief society ladies wanted to take pictures with us. I felt like a princess at Disneyland πŸ‘Έ

- at this party they pulled out a huge speaker and had a dance floor. I looked at sister Boyle and told her there was no way we could get out of this one, so we just accepted our fate and ended up in the middle of the dance circleπŸ’ƒThen an old man named baatar ah who's like a pro dancer grabbed sister Boyle by the hand and proceeded to do a weird Russian polka thing with her. I thought I had dodged this but then he asked me if I know how to tango and I don't know how to deny someone a dance in Mongolian?? Good timesπŸ‘―‍♀️ 

- we were told about a family who lives in our apartment complex by the old branch president here. He called and told us their kids where wanted to learn english, and to set up a time with them to go introduce ourselves. We had no clue what to expect but we walked in and they fully were expecting an English lesson right then and there. We aren't supposed to teach private lessons, but there was no getting out of this one haha. But the kids were precious and I was so glad we got to meet them, and we invited them to our church English class!

- this week we had a lot of lessons fall through. So wanna know what we did about it? I taught sister Boyle my little script for passing out English cards, and then we hit the streets. We stood outside of a school for a bit and talked to quite a few people. I also have never felt more like a stalker in my entire life πŸ€“

- we celebrated national army day! Well ig we personally didn't celebrate, but they did do a little ceremony thing in the square and so from our window we watched a bunch of army guys run around and fight each other while listening to the Mongolian national anthem (its a banger fr)

- our water turned brown this week again but never fear it did not last very long thank goodness because seeing brown water come out of the shower was not goy amttaiπŸ˜ͺ

- it got so warm this week and then snowed like a foot! So we walked through all the Mongolian terrain. Hiking through piles of snow and puddles of dirt. But I wore my short coat so you could say it's getting super hot out here πŸ₯΅

Spritual thought: 

This week as we set our goals, I had the idea to start a little journal where I write when I saw God's hand in my life throughout the day. I have seen so many miracles! Sometimes in our day to day lives we accidently overlook these miracles, and just say it's a little coincidence. But I know that God truly is a God of miracles!! And he's been giving us miracles from day one🫢

Mormon 9:11: "But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are."

Look out for this little every day miracles!! I promise if you do you will start to see more and more each day!

Bayrlalaa bayrtai hairtai shuu manai naizuudaaa ✌️until next week
πŸ’•/ систэр Тэнсэн 


πŸ’₯FlicsπŸ’₯
-transfer day
- the cookie rep of all American sistersπŸͺ
- my church homiesπŸ™Œ
- all the girls were fighting over us πŸ˜ͺ
- my kiddos🀩
- photo op photo op photo op❤️‍πŸ”₯
- my birthday queenπŸ’‹
- ta angli hel surah sonirholtoi yu? πŸ€–
- for some reason all of choibalsan decided to just start selling loaves of bread like this without bags πŸ’€
- Sour Plum: "super for people who has exquisite taste and enjoy the finest things in life"🀀
- we πŸ©· trash cows 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...