Yep. You heard it right folks. I'm a mother now
In mission language, when you train you become a mom or dad. So yeah! I am training a BRAND NEW AMERICAN MISSIONARY! (Literally been in Mongolia for 3 days...please pray for me to learn Mongolian real quick hehe) I had a suspicion that this would happen, but I was still a bit surprised when president called at 6:40 am to tell me...I oddly didn't feel as afraid as I thought I would at the thought. So I'm stoked to see how it goes 
But holy cow you guys so much happened this week so let's get started!! Also this one is a little long but if you read it all I'll love you forever 



Highlights
- so this week we celebrated women's day! It's also almost like an added mix of valentines day and mothers day. But it was so epic. In preparation we decided to make cookies to deliver to ladies in our branch. In an attempt to double the recipe, using mostly only ingredients we already had at home, the cookie dough did not turn out right...but after lots of patience and prayers, the cookies worked!! And we made WAY more than planned. Probably around 150

- we spent women's day walking all over the city delivering cookies. We delivered 80 and probably walked 8 miles 

- if any of you are worried about the drunk men bugging me don't even stress. Our friend anujin came to deliver cookies with us a few hours and each time a drunk man started talking to us she'd grab my arm and say "walk fast walk fast" so I'm plenty safe

-it was sister Allen's last day at Anna Home this week, and after class we took a bunch of pictures with the kids and then they took selfies and videos on my phone and they are iconic 
i was also told that I look like a queen and that I am Elsa 

i was also told that I look like a queen and that I am Elsa 
- as we began walking home from class me and sister Allen were talking about how it was sad that one of our fav students wasn't in class today. I kid you not as soon as we said that we hear a HI from down the street. And there he was!! So we got to take a picture with him too. Isn't it so fun that God will put things and people in our path like that just to make us happy?? 

- at church a little girl came and sat by me. She then proceeded to grab my eyebrows, and then she said my nose was too big and tried to fix it by pushing it back into my face

- our cute aminzul got baptized this week!! She is the sweetest and I love teaching her. In our branch we had 8 year old enguun ee get baptized
it was so epic
it was so epic- this Sunday sister Allen and I were asked to help with primary. By "help with primary" I mean kid wrangling. The kids in our branch love to play a game called "how many times can I escape my primary class and run rampid in the hallway and enter every other classroom in the church
" so we took turns sitting with them in class and rounding up whatever kids had escaped and it was epic 
" so we took turns sitting with them in class and rounding up whatever kids had escaped and it was epic 
- since it was sister Allen's last Sunday, we got to meet with so many people, including our friend carsten who is an American in the peace corps and he basically told us his whole life story and it's willllddd. I'm so grateful for people who speak English haha
- we got to go hit the city for transfers
ayyooo it was seriously so epic to see all my friends who I haven't seen in months!!!
ayyooo it was seriously so epic to see all my friends who I haven't seen in months!!!-my new comps name is sister Boyle and she's so sweet! I am so excited to be her trainer!
- the gift of tongues is actually real?? Guys. I have experienced a lot of firsts after becoming a trainer. My first time directing a taxi. My first full phone call (without having someone to mouth me words to say lol) and God is so good and def has been helping me through it. We scheduled meetings, we taught a lesson, we met with members. And we somehow made it through the day 

Spiritual thought:
Earlier I mentioned how God puts things in our path. On my bus ride down to the city I experienced this so many more times!! First of all, we got on the bus and it was like EMPTY. Maybe 12 people on it. So I sat in a random empty seat where I got to look out the window and sit in the sun!! Holy cow it was SO EPIC. Mongolia is so pretty. Since it's getting a little warmer I was able to see out the window for like 6 hours before it froze over!! I love sheep and goats like they are just unironically the funniest animals and so cute.
On this bus ride we had to stop for a sec TWO TIMES because little fluffy sheep and goats were in the middle of the street so I just gotta watch them through the window it was so funny. Then I really wanted to see a camel bc they're so dope. Out of nowhere i saw one right off the edge of the road and I was so caught off guard and excited and I frantically tried to take a picture but my phone was in selfie mode so that's super awkward but I still saw a camel!! And then after that I saw the most gorgeous sunset. I absolutely love sunsets!!
As I thought about all I had seen throughout the day I had a little thought. Just that morning I learned I would be training a new missionary. Like I said earlier, I felt pretty at peace with it, but of course as the day went on I started thinking of so many logistics of it, and I definitely didn't feel capable or ready. But all of these things I saw that day were just like simple little gifts from God that said "Hi I'm here and you're not alone."
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you"
thats all for this week!! OKAY if you guys have any advice for training I'd love to hear it. Or questions, comments, life hacks, pick up lines.......I promise I'll respond when I can hehe



Zaaa bayrlalaa bayrtai hairtai shuu

/ΡΠΈΡΡΡΡ ΠΆΡΠ½ΡΡΠ½
flics
- choibalsan branch >>>
- literally 1000000 cookies
- mongolian culture lesson: they make these AI pictures and send them to people for holidays and to say good morning and such. Made this one myself 

- just some sheep heads at a store

- peep us w our matching shirts
- just a few of my fav kids on the planet 

- aminzul and enguuneeee

- me n my cute daughter
-carsten 

- literally love these girls w my whole heart
- why did the sheep cross the road? (Get it...its funny bc usually it's a chicken but I said sheep bc the pic is of sheep hahah...haha...hehe..he. yeah)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment