whats up you guys it's sister jensen back at it again with another week's worth of entertainment. Holy cow this week was so crazyyyy
Highlights:
- shout out to elder malfatto for giving us some of his real life cheddar cheese from the city import store. Sister Boyle and I make chicken quesadillas and it was def the best meal I've had in this country I think

- we made homemade pasta together as a district (on FaceTime) I felt so much like a chef it was epic



- we went on a run down to the river! The river is completely melted now which is crazy to me since cars were driving on it when I first got here. We saw a group of old people doing some zumba/line dances. So of course knowing me, we just HAD to join them. Next thing I knew, they played cotton eye joe and I'm just vibing living my best life and then all the sudden everyone noticed us and was just so shocked. They made so many comments about the foreigners dancing with them it was hilarious

- we went to Anna home and ended up teaching half of a class to the kids at the park? We played red light green light and it was sooo fun



- had a drunk guy be SO HYPED to see us that he excitedly ran over to us, put his arms around us, pulled us in real close, and gave us each a wet kiss on the cheek. Then he proceeded to speak weird slurred Russian Mongolian haha. And then he said I was so pretty that I'll have to find a beautiful husband. Then he walked with us for a while and I had NO CLUE how to get him to leave haha. Finally he started leaving and told us to call him 

- we had Tsetseehens baptism!! Oh my goodness this was the most special day. We almost didn't get to do her baptism this week, but im so so glad i got blessed with the opportunity to be here for the baptism. I have never seen anyone so excited to be baptized. She had the biggest smile and was absolutely glowing
I couldn't help but feel so much love and gratitude for God's plan and his children when we all sang I am a Child of God together. We also gave her a little ctr ring, and the next day at church she was so excited to show me that she was wearing it
I couldn't help but feel so much love and gratitude for God's plan and his children when we all sang I am a Child of God together. We also gave her a little ctr ring, and the next day at church she was so excited to show me that she was wearing it - we somehow got roped into helping teach primary again? It was actually so hype though because we started teaching the kids a child's prayer which is a banger fr
- we had TRANSFERS. you guys waiting for the transfer news was so brutal. Usually president calls you beforehand if you are training or in leadership or things like that. But all morning I didn't get a call and I was like epic I hope that means I'm staying?? But holy crap you guys pres just forgot to call me and tell me that I am finishing a Mongolians training in nalaikh ??? And I'm WHITE WASHING??? yiioy ymar aimr yum be fr. I was so emotional.
The first thing we had to do? Go say goodbye to my Anna home kids. I love these kids so very much. I told them I would visit them soon (in a few years lol) they gave me hugs and kisses and I will miss them more than they'll ever know
I got all packed up (I'm a pro packer now for those of you who saw me pack before the mission just know I'm good now I swearrr)

I got all packed up (I'm a pro packer now for those of you who saw me pack before the mission just know I'm good now I swearrr)- it was so hype getting to see 10/12 people from my mtc district in the city!! I missed them all so so much

- I met my new comp!! Her name is sister Janyegoli and she is adorable. Here are a few fun facts about her:
She got baptized just 4 years ago! She is an only child and the only member in her fam. She's from selenge, Mongolia which is WAY up by Russia!! Her family is actually Kazakh but has lived in Mongolia and speaks Mongolian. Her favorite movie is 5 feet apart and she loves chocolate. She is quite the amazing teacher too and she's really good at connecting with people! I have so much to learn from her. I am her first American companion and she is my first Mongolian companion. Through lots of monglish and Google translate we've been able to communicate and have fun together!
- Nalaikh!! So it's technically a countryside area and it's about 30 minutes outside the city. For some reason it's like way colder here than I was expecting it to be?? It snowed yesterday which was wild. There's still some cows I've seen which I love!!
- our apartment used to have elders in it so it was hilarious to check the fridge and see 5 half eaten loaves of bread
And a jar of pickles. That's it. Feast of kings I guess
but this is my first apartment with a pull up bar so I can't complain!
And a jar of pickles. That's it. Feast of kings I guess
but this is my first apartment with a pull up bar so I can't complain! - my new district is gonna be hype. This is my 4th transfer in a row having to do district council online, but we got an epic gang so I'm stoked 



Spiritual thought:
Mosiah 23:22
"Nevertheless—whosoever putteth his trust in him the same shall be lifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people."
You guys I would be lying if I didn't say I was absolutely TERRIFIED for this transfer. My whole life feels flipped upside down. Now I'm trying to meet with and contact people neither of us have ever met (they haven't had sisters in this area for a sec) and I'm trying to communicate with my companion in Mongolian, and we both have no clue what we are doing haha.
This is going to be a big Trust in the Lord transfer I can already tell. One small miracle is that we were able to have 2 lessons yesterday with people we called, and both of them brought a friend to the lesson. I need to have faith that this is where God needs me to be and trust in his plan! I know his plan is sooo much greater than mine and I will be able to reach such a greater potential as I fully trust in him

I love you all!! Have the best week ♡♡ I would appreciate lots of prayers this translate ahaha 

/ัะธัััั ะถัะฝััะฝ
flics 
- cows 

- cheese and pasta 

- red light green light in action 

-Tsetseehens baptism 

- mid primary lesson hymn book tower ?
- im gonna miss the dornod sunsets 

- saying bye to my favs

- dudes we're getting the band back together

- nalaikh!!
- Sister Janyegoli 



- met with the cutest members in nalaikh
- just ur typical Mongolian market 



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment