Monday, April 29, 2024

how to pet a cow in 3 easy steps✍️

1. Approach the cow slowly ๐Ÿšท

2. Speak kind words like "Hi cow let me pet u *pls stop moving*" while reaching out your hand✋

3. Pet the cow softly *he might jump* 

And then you can giggle and run away bc you finally crossed that off your bucket list๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘ 

Well everyone my first week in nalaikh is officially over! I still feel like I have no clue what I'm doing haha but we're having fun. I feel like I'm absolutely living in Monglish 24/7! It's funny to communicate through that and Google translate, but i absolutely love janyeguli and we are having fun together! 

Highlights: 

- there is a strange amount of members (mostly teens) who have like perfect English here. No accent or anything. I was SO caught off guard at first but they are so awesome๐Ÿ™‚‍↕️

- they have a new mutual committee here made up of some of the youth, and so we had a legit put together mutual and it was crazy!! We played lots of games and ate lots of treats๐Ÿ™Œ

- our plans fell through so we decided to go address check! We didn't have any success, BUT this is where I saw the cute little cows and I got to pet one so 10/10 would def recommend ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฎ

- sister janyeguli and I decided to try to speak one day in only mongolian and the next day in only English. It was super hard but also hilarious because talking about your celebrity crush through Google translate is absolutely wild ๐Ÿฅฑ

- I had to give my first actual talk in church this week. It was only 4 minutes long and basically read off a paper but a little girl gave me a thumbs up and blew me kisses after so #worthit

- we got to get water for a cute little old man named dambaa๐Ÿ‘‘He has hardly any teeth except for 2 gold ones, and he lives in a ger up on a hill. So in the ger districts they don't have running water, and you have to go to this little building in the middle of the district to get water. Most people have carts to pull it, but he doesn't so we got to go get it and carry it for him! He did not want me and janyeguli to help because we are girls and we can't carry them. Little does he know I'm actually ripped๐Ÿ’ชso we got the water and when he saw the elders letting us carry it he wasn't happy but i thought it was hilarious 

- our branch does family night every week! We all got together and played charades. It was so intense but my team won by a long shot and we got German cake as a reward๐Ÿคค

- right after family night we were able to meet with the cutest little fam! 3 little precious kids with the biggest smiles. We sat on the floor and talked about God and Jesus. I felt so much joy and gratitude that we get to be the ones to teach them ❣️


Spiritual thought:

This week I was definitely feeling stuck. I felt like I kept putting all my effort into things only to have them fall through or not workout. I am going to attach a picture of a story that was shared with me this week PLEASE PLEASE READ IT!!!!!!!!!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️

God gives us trials as opportunities to test our faith, obedience, and to grow. We might not see our progress yet, but as we continue to push forward and do what he asks, we will be able to become the disciple he wants us to be! 

Thats it for today ๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿ˜—love u bye 
๐Ÿ’•/ัะธัั‚ัั€ ะถัะฝััะฝ 

๐Ÿ•บflics๐Ÿ•บ
- my cow I pet ๐Ÿ˜Œ☝️
- Sunday morning meet n greet ๐Ÿค
- dambaa ๐Ÿ‘Š
- getting water (teamwork makes the dream work) ๐Ÿ”ฅ
- meetings w the nalaikh fams ๐Ÿ™Œ
- storyyy PLEASE READ IT I will love u forever and give u a kiss if u do ๐Ÿ˜˜
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...