Welp. It's naadam time boys. This Mongolian holiday is coming up (starting tomorrow) so basically everyone is going to the countryside to rest, and no one can meet. So this week was nothing tooooo crazy but truly there's never a dull moment in Mongolia so let's
get
to
it 
get
to
it 
- a little girl in our English class made us all paper rings that she laminated with tape
She is so artsy and is always showing us her crafts and doodles and I adore her. She is always following us all the way to the bus stop to yell BYE TEACHERRRR when we leave
She is so artsy and is always showing us her crafts and doodles and I adore her. She is always following us all the way to the bus stop to yell BYE TEACHERRRR when we leave- while waiting at the bus stop on day we heard someone say "hi where are you going?" In English! We turn around to see an old white lady, and so we started to talk with her. She has lived in Mongolia for 26 years. She's here on Gods call and works at an orphanage and teaches English in a park. She first lived in Taiwan and then felt like she needed to move elsewhere and everything for mongolia fell into place. She said she wants to stay here til she dies. She was such a sweet lady and it was so cool being able to connect with her and tell her the reason why we are here as well

- when you need a good smile, talk to the drunk men. Works every time...one particular night, I was feeling pretty sad. Our investigator just moved to a different area, so we had to give her to the other missionaries and I was really sad to have to stop teaching her.
I got onto the bus to go home that night, and an old man was so excited to see the Russian and speak Russian. I kindly told him that im American. And he said "my name is ochir" in English! And then I said "my name is jaiden" and he said "okay okay yeah okay



" (probably the only other English words he knows) and then he smiled really big, pulled an old melted peice of candy out of his pocket, and handed it to me.




" (probably the only other English words he knows) and then he smiled really big, pulled an old melted peice of candy out of his pocket, and handed it to me.Then he asked if anyone on the bus knew English and if they could tell me thank you. Then a girl told him that I had been speaking Mongolian. He whips around and asks if I speak Mongolian to which I answered "uh huh
" and the reaction on his face was PRICELESS. I've never seen someone's eyes get that big from shock
Anyway it def made my day
" and the reaction on his face was PRICELESS. I've never seen someone's eyes get that big from shock
Anyway it def made my day - we celebrated the 4TH OF JULY!! yknow people in Mongolia don't actually celebrate it. Crazy right? Who knew
Anyway. We all dressed up in red, white, and blue, and got some super mid mongolian burgers for lunch. Then we made a fire English video about some traditions so go like, subscribe, and give American Conversational English some love fr 

yay america


Anyway. We all dressed up in red, white, and blue, and got some super mid mongolian burgers for lunch. Then we made a fire English video about some traditions so go like, subscribe, and give American Conversational English some love fr 

yay america


- on Saturday I got a surprise face time call from one of the people I taught in nalaikh and she called me to show me her and her brother in their white jumpsuits, about to get baptized. I am so thankful for the connections I have with the people here. It was the bestest surprise and I'm sooo happy for them 



- we tried to watch Nemo for part of our English class as a last class of the transfer celebration but we had so many technical difficulties that it lowkey just turned into a meme
Sometimes the YouTube uncopyrighted full length movies do you so dirty haha

Sometimes the YouTube uncopyrighted full length movies do you so dirty haha

- had an adventure of a day where they wouldn't let us pay rent because we're foreigners
i showed them both my photocopied passport and my alien card and they said nah broski you need the real book
Little do they know my passport is locked up who knows where in the mission office
so we left the bank with 6 mil (tugrugs) and let me tell you. I get stared at a lot in this country. But never as much as I did while holding that fat stack of cash.
But don't worry my little darlings. rent = paidπ️
i showed them both my photocopied passport and my alien card and they said nah broski you need the real book
Little do they know my passport is locked up who knows where in the mission office
so we left the bank with 6 mil (tugrugs) and let me tell you. I get stared at a lot in this country. But never as much as I did while holding that fat stack of cash.
But don't worry my little darlings. rent = paidπ️Spiritual thought:
We're teaching a family and they haven't been able to come to church, because bolorchinguun (the dad who is a member) always works and so he has the car, and they live really far away. We decided to go meet them at the their bus stop so we could all go to church together. After some miscommunications on the phone, and us waiting at the bus stop for 30 minutes, I started to get nervous and lose hope. I was praying my little heart out that something would work out. That God would use my humble efforts to help someone. We called them one more time, and they said they were on their way. I looked up and saw a black car. Full of kids with grinning faces, all dressed up in matching tshirts ready for the meeting 

It turns out, bolorchinguun didn't have work because of the upcoming holiday. The whole family, both parents and 4 kids, showed up to church that day. Bolorchinguun even shared his testimony in the meeting...it was amazing. I can't even BEGIN to explain the joy I felt. Whatever you are working towards in your life right now, don't give up. Don't lose hope. Rely on God with all you have and use the opportunities he gives you. Everything will work our according to his plan when you let him guide you in your life





HAVE A GOOD WEEK I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!!
/ΡΠΈΡΡΡΡ ΠΆΡΠ½ΡΡΠ½
flics
- alexa play paper rings by Taylor swift 

- happy birthday america
- tryna even out that farmers tan fr fr
- khulan and khangais baptism day 



- a store that's balanced on 5 tires
-cucumbers are better in Mongolia. tell me I'm wrong.
%201.jpg)
.jpg)
%201.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment