sain baitsgaana uu my dudes I know you're just dying to hear all about my new area and stuff even tho it's been like 5 days since you've heard from me ayyyy. Also I've officially been a missionary for 11 months now which is gnarly. If you've made it through all 11 months of emails you're a real one
Highlights
- once upon a time in a far away land called zaisan (where I live) there were 2 sister missionaries. These sisters were getting ready for bed one night, relaxing and enjoying each other's company. When all of the sudden...A HUGE bug comes out of NOWHERE and flies all around the house
Sister swenson chased after it trying to whip it with her towel. No luck. The bug disappeared behind a cabinet.
Sister swenson chased after it trying to whip it with her towel. No luck. The bug disappeared behind a cabinet. The two girls decided to wait for the bug so they could dispose of the beast. When suddenly they heard a noise. They turn to see a HUGE MOTH THE SIZE OF THE BASEBELL on their floor
The girls screamed and ran around trying to avoid the horror that was flying around their kitchen. He dove behind the couch. yanaa. oh no. What do we do. The resourceful sisters proceeded to trap the bug with a measuring cup and slide paper under it to release him outside into the wild. The girls ended up having to catch about 4 bugs that night
The end. *based on a true story*
The girls screamed and ran around trying to avoid the horror that was flying around their kitchen. He dove behind the couch. yanaa. oh no. What do we do. The resourceful sisters proceeded to trap the bug with a measuring cup and slide paper under it to release him outside into the wild. The girls ended up having to catch about 4 bugs that night
The end. *based on a true story* - we met with our cute new member named hulan!! She is so funny and super out of pocket. Hanging out with her is a blast. We went to get ice cream with her and we were just eating and laughing and living our best lives when all of the sudden we hear a plop. And her ice cream is on the ground

All three of us were laughing our heads off as she tried to draw her spilled ice cream into a heart on the sidewalk for aesthetic effect
She's a homie.


All three of us were laughing our heads off as she tried to draw her spilled ice cream into a heart on the sidewalk for aesthetic effect
She's a homie. - BUG STORY PT 2. the spider. I. Hate. Spiders. They are SO scary. One day I was in the bathroom getting ready, when I saw something in the reflection of the mirror. I turned around and there it was. To my horror I saw a huge spider high up on the wall. I didn't know what to do. I was scared that if I looked away the spider would run and dissappear and I would be forced to live in a paranoid state for the rest of the transfer

But after really contemplating how to get rid of this thing, I finally gathered all my courage and climbed onto the rim of the bathtub. I used all my balancing skills to scoot my way closer to the wall where the spider was and I whipped out my weapon
Hairspray. Because I couldn't get close enough to just smash it right away haha. I sprayed it and immediately jumped and ran out the door screaming
Hairspray. Because I couldn't get close enough to just smash it right away haha. I sprayed it and immediately jumped and ran out the door screaming
I came back and to my surprise I gave the spider like 16 damage
and got it stuck to the wall. Then we finished the job. It was like a 4 step process, because we have a mongolian toilet thats really bad at flushing, so the spider although smashed and broken was still trying to crawl back out for revenge. (He woulda eaten us maybe probably) But basically i'm like 6% braver now I think from this experience 
and got it stuck to the wall. Then we finished the job. It was like a 4 step process, because we have a mongolian toilet thats really bad at flushing, so the spider although smashed and broken was still trying to crawl back out for revenge. (He woulda eaten us maybe probably) But basically i'm like 6% braver now I think from this experience 
- mongolia loves to play tricks on you with the weather. Even if it's sunny I should bring my umbrella everywhere I guess ? Idk I didn't get the memo
Anyway. We were just about to leave a members house when all of the sudden a HUGE rainstorm came outa NOWHERE. it was absolutely pouring. Me and sister swenson were really excited about it though because we really wanted it to rain. The members handed us some ponchos so we'd be safe

Anyway. We were just about to leave a members house when all of the sudden a HUGE rainstorm came outa NOWHERE. it was absolutely pouring. Me and sister swenson were really excited about it though because we really wanted it to rain. The members handed us some ponchos so we'd be safe

But we ventured out into the wild and were so excited to finally play in the rain. We were walking down a big hill and so all of the roads were flooded. I got soaked so fast so I was like welp whatever and took this opportunity to go crazy and splash in every puddle I saw (this is the closest I'll get to swimming for a hot sec
) it was probably the hardest I've laughed since...the day before tbh. We have lots of fun here. I think we were the comedic relief of some people's lives that day tbh. We got lots if funny looks 

) it was probably the hardest I've laughed since...the day before tbh. We have lots of fun here. I think we were the comedic relief of some people's lives that day tbh. We got lots if funny looks 
- church was wild, people kept introducing themselves to me in English? And we had a guy from California speak? And I almost had to translate for him? Luckily a guy who's actually fluent in Mongolian ended up translating because as much as I think I'd be a pro at talking about Brigham young and pioneers and temples in Mongolian I'm actually clueless haha

but there's an adorable little 8 year old who speaks really good English and after he saw us soaked by the rain Sunday morning he was like wow you guys are two wet women
what a kid. He danced to the songs I'd play on the piano and we threw magnets at the whiteboard together after church 


but there's an adorable little 8 year old who speaks really good English and after he saw us soaked by the rain Sunday morning he was like wow you guys are two wet women
what a kid. He danced to the songs I'd play on the piano and we threw magnets at the whiteboard together after church 
Spiritual thought:
This week a lady in our ward lost her husband. She called all the missionaries to come over for lunch (throwing feasts is part of the mourning process here I think) and I had been contemplating a long time on what to share with her. As the other missionaries shared some scriptures, the thought came to me that maybe we should all sing together. I wasn't sure what song, but the first one I thought of was Nearer My God to Thee.
I just decided to go with it. As we started to sing, I thought about the words to the song. It talks about how sometimes we feel like we are alone or in darkness. But those times are also times when we can be closest to God and our Savior Jesus Christ. I was thinking how hard it must be for this sweet sister who just lost her husband, but I also noticed how hopeful she was. Of God. Of his plan. And how she is choosing to take this time of struggle and pain to really turn to God and lean on him. Halfway through the third verse, the music on my phone stopped working. It cut out completely. But everyone kept singing. The missionaries were harmonizing and it was all a capella. It was such a special moment. We really did feel a little bit nearer to God and his angels.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. God is always there to comfort us. When we come near to him, he'll come near to us. If we let them, our struggles can refine us and help us focus on our relationship with God, bringing us nearer to him



HAGS
/ัะธัััั ะถัะฝััะฝ
flics
- rain storm before, during, and the flood
- cutie hulan 



- cookies 







No comments:
Post a Comment