WHATS UP EVERYONE!! it's your girl back at it again with another email. I know it's been over a week and I'm sure you all missed me like crazy. So I'll keep the intro short and let's just get into the highlight reel
Highlights:
- they brought Subway (the restaurant) to mongolia. It's brand new and so American 20/10 would def recommend. the culture shock it brought was unreal 

- celebrated Naadam!! It's a huge summer celebration of horses, archery, wrestling, dressing up, eating huushuur and also moving to the middle of nowhere for the summer



They do a huge opening ceremony in the city, and I got to walk around all dressed up in my Mongolian deel and my dancer boots.




They do a huge opening ceremony in the city, and I got to walk around all dressed up in my Mongolian deel and my dancer boots. People kept taking pictures of me and with me, I got interviewed by the naadam press people 4 times, and I just had the time of my life feeling like a celebrity
The paparazzi wants me you guys. Do I call hollywood or do they call me??? But uhh yeah it was epic. (Here's me on Mongol TV...watch til the end to see my lil dance
if this link doesnt work thats super awkward and you should just ask rick or wendy if you wanna see it...)
The paparazzi wants me you guys. Do I call hollywood or do they call me??? But uhh yeah it was epic. (Here's me on Mongol TV...watch til the end to see my lil dance
if this link doesnt work thats super awkward and you should just ask rick or wendy if you wanna see it...)(yes I sign autographs and I'll be here all night folks
)

)- also got a picture with the singer from the Hu (a Mongolian rock band - go give em a for reals) I fangirled so hard

- a random old guy in a store used charades and hand signals to ask me if I could take a picture of him next to a horse. He didn't have a phone so we just took it on mine and then he shook my hand with a huge smile and left. Made my day 

- got to go to my fav English students house for dinner and it was soooo hype. His family is absolutely precious and playing uno and dinosaur toys was so wild. I loved our little monglish conversations with his sweet sweet family 



- got transfer news!! I got moved across the city to a place called Khan Uul!! It's super bougie and my apartment has a dishwasher!! and a little tiny stationary bike
I know. Wild. Also apparently my ward is the "English ward" with translation and American members and everything. Also my mission president is in my ward. Hype
My new comp is named sister Swenson and she is adorable!! I love her already and am sooooo excited for this next transfer
I know. Wild. Also apparently my ward is the "English ward" with translation and American members and everything. Also my mission president is in my ward. Hype
My new comp is named sister Swenson and she is adorable!! I love her already and am sooooo excited for this next transfer
- they actually just took both the sisters out of jargalant and so it was a little but rough trying to carry all our bags down to the street ro go find a taxi. But right as we got out the door, a guy saw us and was like hey....do yall need help?? And I was like yes
and he just grabbed his car and took us to the mission office because he used to go to their English class!! Seriously such a blessing. I also got to play my favorite game "how many suitcases can we fit in a prius
" two times that day!! 
and he just grabbed his car and took us to the mission office because he used to go to their English class!! Seriously such a blessing. I also got to play my favorite game "how many suitcases can we fit in a prius
" two times that day!! 
- for our English class we talked about fears and scary things. At the end of class we decided it would be fun to tell scary stories
I had to go all in. So I gathered the students into a circle and turned off the lights and held my flashlight under my face
I proceeded to use all my improv and acting skills to come up with a little scary story on the spot (shout out to rick jensen and kim whitman for these acquired skills).
I had to go all in. So I gathered the students into a circle and turned off the lights and held my flashlight under my face
I proceeded to use all my improv and acting skills to come up with a little scary story on the spot (shout out to rick jensen and kim whitman for these acquired skills). I got really into the story and as I got to the suspenseful part I stood up and slowly walked closer and closer to my students. And then BAM. I hired one of the elders to stand behind them and jumpscare them. It was sooooo funny. And then I flipped on the lights and was like THANKS FOR COMING TO CLASS EVERYONE

before they even knew what hit them
what a way to introduce myself as their new teacher am I right


before they even knew what hit them
what a way to introduce myself as their new teacher am I right Spiritual thought:
I've been studying a lot about trust this week. As a missionary, so much of my life right now is not up to my decision, like where I'm serving and who my companion is. Gods plan is so much different than mine. It's so much better. He knows where I'm needed, and he knows who I need to be with. It's always sad leaving areas, companions, and friends, but I know that this is where God wants me, when he wants me to be here. God's plan is perfect. He has a perfect plan for every single one of us because he knows us perfectly. If we let our plan align with his, we will become better than we could have ever hoped





'“You do not have to wonder whom you can safely trust.” We can always trust God. The Lord knows us better and loves us more than we know or love ourselves. His infinite love and perfect knowledge of past, present, and future make His covenants and promises constant and sure." - Gerrit W. Gong
I LOVE YOU ALL HAVE THE BEST WEEK EVER!!
/ัะธัััั ะถัะฝััะฝ
flics
- update: the cats did not come to class 

- naadam 

- pictures with celebrities:
1.The guy from the Hu

2. Teacher Fely and Teacher Jack from American Conversational English 

3.This random old guy

4. People dressed up at naadam

5. Horse
- Alexa play moving out by Billy Joel
- I'd like to introduce you to the dream team, sister jensen and sister swenson
- district pizza ping pong basketball dance party
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
%201.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment