Monday, November 18, 2024

2024-11-18 Killing comps pt 3 and 4 πŸ˜ͺ

hi there πŸ˜€ how's life πŸ«Ά what's good πŸ˜

I feel like nothing toooo crazy happened this week...but I'll tell you what went down and you can be the judge of whether it was a crazy week or not I guess....

Highlights:
 
- so. My dear sister burningham went home this week. Killing a companion is always so sad. Especially cause I didn't get to go to the city to see her off....but the hardest part of having a comp go home is that all of the members wanna have you over. Which is fabulousπŸ™Œ But I've eaten enough mongolian food to last me a lifetime. 3 meetings a day may not seem like much, but in mongolia it is not for the weak ill tell you that much πŸ₯΄πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

- we had transfers! and you'll never guess what happened. guess. You're wrong probably. i had to pack the bags. Again😱Ive had to pack every transfer for the last 6 transfers...😟 they took one set of sisters out of erdenet, and put me and sister bell together since both our comps left. So actually i only moved across the street hahaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†We are running it back since bell was in my mtc district and we came to mongolia together! It is def weird to be 'killing' someone who came to mongolia with me, but sis bell has already had me laughing so hard I've cried on multiple occasionsπŸ‘Also this is the 4th comp I've killed and I'm starting to think it's a me problem... πŸ«₯

- we have a teaching assignmentπŸ₯³We teach a tax department group at American corner! It's such a nice building and we get to use fancy equipment and the group is so fun. They are all middle aged work employees and great friends, so they all joke around together and it's so funπŸ€“πŸ€πŸ€‘

- we visited the grandpa of the branch here. He is just the sweetest old man and so darling. He did sit us down and talked to us about how his health is doing, and this included him showing us all his pictures/results from his recent colonoscopy so that is definitely something I was not expecting to see that dayπŸ˜€πŸ‘

- we out khuslen and narantsatsral on date!! They are seriously the cutest ever and just so so excited to be able to get baptized I am so so proud of them πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή

- we were teaching a lesson about the 10 commandments, and using all the hand actions to help the girls remember them. When we got to number 8 (thou shalt not steal) when we did the hand sign they asked what it meant, so I explained that back in the day they used to cut the thumbs off of thieves so they couldn't steal anymore. Then khuslen spreads our her fingers and proceeds to try to pick things up off the table using different fingers and she was like actually it's still so easy you don't even need your thumb. You can still grab things without it✊😌 I've never laughed so hard in a lesson before 

- in English class we sat in a circle and played a game where each person says a word or 2 and we go around the circle and make a story. I never thought I'd hear a story about frogs on an island fighting and one of the frogs is Mike Tyson and then Jake Paul pushes a mermaid into the island because there's a which stealing the prince's horse and so they did an 8 round wrestling match. Good stuff πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

- i put up my Christmas tree yaysies πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

- mongolians always get the f and p mixed up and so when we talk about food I always hear them say and see them write things like fasta (pasta) and beep (beef) πŸ˜—πŸ˜—

- once upon a time I accidentally added a random person to our branch choir group chat and since I'm not the admin I can't take them out πŸ˜„πŸ˜„but they haven't left so I'm thinking maybe they'll just start showing up to practices and wanna learn about the church tbh probably so I'll keep you postedπŸ‘€


Spritual thought:

Everyone go read "Finding Joy in the Journey" by Thomas S. Monson !! It is so so good. 
"Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future." 

This talk is about finding joy in our lives no matter the circumstance, and how to live our life in a way that let's us experience more joy. Life is definitely not always easy, but if we try to live in the moment, show more love, show gratitude, and follow Christ's perfect example of how to live life, we will be happier everyday in any circumstance we in are in πŸ€

hairtai shuu manaikhan have a good week

πŸ’•/систэр Тэнсэн 

πŸŽ„flicsπŸŽ„
- chairs = transfers left
- so many meetings πŸ˜¦πŸ˜¦πŸ˜¦
- squad🫑
- frog Mike Tyson witch Jake Paul fighting island story illustration πŸ˜Œ
- Alexa play moving out by Billy Joel 
- my girlies πŸ«Ά
- the face u make when they just keep bringing out more food πŸ˜°













No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...