Tuesday, November 21, 2023

WikiHow to hold a pigeon ๐Ÿฆ

Sn bn uu manaikhan!! Hope you all had a fantastic week!!! It's crazy that time is actually passing in the real world and it's almost Thanksgiving! Cause here it just feels like I'm on the Truman show or something like that. Anyway, we had a good week! Some days were sooo busy and other days we accidentally found ourselves catching pigeons on the way home because all of our lessons canceled.

Highlights from this week:

- got my entire winter haul. I am no longer cold thanks to camel hair socks and yak wool mittens or whatever these are made out of. They defy the laws of physics with how warm they are low key. Also the guy at the street market shop from gave us an extra pair of socks for free ๐Ÿฅน

- we went to this ward member's house for dinner and her mom was there. Her mom loves Jesus but isn't a member of our church, but asked us to sing for her. We sang 'I need thee every hour' and she was PRAISING๐Ÿ™Œ the whole song like I'm talking clapping and praise hands like "bayarlalaa Yesus" it was hilarious 

- drank like 3 cups of ั…ัั€ะฐะผ cause the emee (grandma) there told me to keep drinking ๐Ÿฅ›thought I was gonna die 

- accidentally said the church will fall instead of the church is true ๐Ÿคง๐Ÿ’€

- we went to teach someone and got lost on the way there so we hiked all the way around the ger district and then sister Gearhart and I went sledding down a hill of ice on our coats ⛷️

- I finally got to go inside a ger for the first time!! It was so cute, humble, fun, and I just pretended not to see the little specks floating in the bottom of the cups of milk they gave us๐Ÿ‘พ

- held a pigeon with my bare hands. Sister Gearhart is the bravest soul for catching it with her bare hands

- had Indian food, pizza, and made brownies while Christmas music was playing (Bayarmaa spoils us fr)

- made super good cookies and brought them to people

-found out I have an incurable boortsog craving 24/7...we bought 2 bags 

- had stake conference and met a little boy who told me that if I learned how to say the phrase that means something along the lines of "using cow poop to start a fire to heat up your house" then I would be fluent in Mongolian ๐Ÿ„

- lead my first lesson and it was so scary!! after we finished I started crying cause I had no idea how it went...I just read my paper and then everyone had a discussion and I was like ๐Ÿฅด"uh huh, yep, yeah"๐Ÿค“*don't be fooled I was just pretending to know what was going on* and then zoloo came up to me and handed me a bag of gummy worms and said "God told me to give you these" like stop she's the cutest ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

- I drank camel milk so you don't have to ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I can teach you how to make something that tastes similar though. Take some milk and let it expire for about 3 months at least. Then add in some lime juice or another very sour substance. Then somehow find a way to add the very...unique... Mongolian dairy aftertaste iykyk 

Super fun story:

Once upon a time sister Gearhart said she was gonna speak to me in Mongolian more (because the church security guy always tries to talk to me and I look at him like this ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿซจ) so she said something and I asked what it meant. Then she told me I had to ask someone else. A complete stranger. These two people walked into our building and she told me to ask them. 

So I gathered every bit of confidence I had in myself, walked up to them, and said "ัˆััั ะณัะถ ัŽัƒ ะณัััะฝ าฏะณ ะฒั?๐Ÿ˜ƒ" then they all started laughing and looked very confused because a 19 year old American girl just asked them what the word for "pee" meant. Safe to say I haven't spoken a word on Mongolian since. Jk that's not true sister Gearhart is still shocked I actually asked them lol, so at least I stepped outa my comfort zone haha

Spiritual thought: 

"God does not begin to ask us about our ability, but only about our availability. Then if we prove our dependability, he will increase our capability." -Gordon B. Hinckley

D&C 4: 3 "Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work"

I love this quote and this scripture!!! Often times we feel so inadequate to be a part of God's work, but all you need to have is a desire and willingness to serve! It's such a good reminder that I am here because I wanted to serve God, and even though I can't say much to these people right now I can still show them my love and help them feel God's love!! Wherever you are and whatever point of life you are at, you can serve others and help God with his work! 

๐Ÿซzorags๐Ÿซ
- ger district and sledding๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ณ
-zoloo wanted us to try on her lip gloss ๐Ÿ’‹
- dinner at bayarmaas ๐Ÿ•
- PiGeOn 
- cute lil thrift shop๐Ÿซถ
- fun little monastery
- just a lil emee who wants to praise God ๐Ÿ‘ 
- winter clothes haul Mongolian edition 
๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿฅ› 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...