Wednesday, November 1, 2023

The moment you've all been waiting for...prius country

Okay this email finna be split into TWO PARTS.

Part 1: America

This week mostly consisted of 1. Being sick 2. Packing 3. Eating 30 peices of caines toast (shout out to sister udys mom for that one) 4. Having a megabed sleepover on the floor of our little shoebox room 5. And LEAVING the mtc????

Holy crap it was the wildest experience just getting pushed out the doors of the place I've been in for so long with three suitcases and attempting to carry everything while getting on a bus and just leaving into the COMPLETE unknown. Then it was off to the airport where we chilled for a while and ate food it was amazing. We had a quick trip to LA and where l pulled a Miley Cyrus and hopped off the plane at LAX with my dreams and my cardigan. Then it was a loooonnngggg flight to Korea! They gave us lots of food and have a super hype safety video, then we stayed at that airport for a few hours where my body thought it was like 1 pm but actually it was 4 am holla. Then we boarded the flight to MONGOLIA AHHHH. When they put the announcement on in Mongolian and I only recognized баярлалаа I knew I was in for a real treat.


Part 2: Mongolia 

*alexa play the Mongolian national anthem*

Okay we pull up and there is SNOW outside. We had to do all the immigration stuff and I was so scared bc they didn't see my visa so I got separated from everyone in sight haha but we figured it out no worries. And then our driver is like everyone put on your coats it's gonna be cold! And ohhhh gosh I'm so nervous for when it's ACTUALLY winter haha. The city is so cool, it also kinda looks like a call of duty map or the occasional zombie apocalypse movie in some places. But it's so cool!!! And the traffic holy cow it's soooo crazy like basically some cars have the steering wheel on the right and some have it on the left so basically its free for all everyone go crazy!! (Glad I won't ever have to be the one driving) also leaving town chinngas khan airport it low key looked like Utah but with really fluffy cows and horses in the fields! But moral of the story we made it here safe!

We met our mission president and stayed the night at the mission home/English teaching place/church and then the next day we got up bright and early to go to a slightly sketchy looking hospital to get our blood drawn and x rays yayyyyy my favorite. We met our trainers and mine is sister Gearhart!! We are serving in the city in a place called энхтайван (enkhtaivan) She is so cute and the sweetest ever!! 

Our adventures so far include Mongolian kfc, having to walk while carrying a massive grocery bag with a watermelon plus many other things all the way home, sliding back and forth into people on a PACKED bus (уучлаарай манайхан) teaching English and then teaching a lesson to one of our students and having her set a baptismal date!! Also yes like most people here drive a prius but they only drive with their cars like 6 inches apart from each other it's free for all throw all traffic laws to the wind 

Anyway, spiritual thought!!I just finished reading in Alma and then started Helaman! So many times in these scriptures, people become converted and then automatically turn around and begin to teach others! Even though they don't know everything, they are willing to teach what they do know. We can find so much joy in the conversion of others and when we testify of God and his love!! I had the opportunity to share my testimony at a fireside this week, and even though I don't know much Mongolian, I was able to share my love for the savior and my knowledge that this gospel is true!! 

1 Nephi 11: 17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things

17Мөн би түүнд хандан: Тэрбээр хүүхдүүддээ хайртайг нь мэднэ би; тийм боловч, бүх зүйлүүдийн утгыг мэдэх нь үгүй би хэмээв

Have an amazing week everyone!! Хайртай шүү!

/Жэнсэн эгч 

f l i c z

- goodbye mtc hello mongolia  

- yummy Mongolian snacks   

- the view from my balcony 

- tugrik (idk how it's spelled??)

- the hospital 

- um snow?? How is it already winter someone breakout the Christmas lights fr

- гэрz and winter coats 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...