Hiiii sn bn uu manaikhan ugluunii mend!! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving!! It's been another fun and cold week here in enkhtaivan! Lots of teaching and lots of....walking in the snow? Fun stuff!
Highlights



-Taught my English class how to make gratitude hand turkeys. I've never seen adults get so into an art project - or a turkey holding a gun - before this day. 

-We visited a members ger and they were the sweetest ever, and when we were leaving she said tomorrow would be super cold so we need to really dress warm and then she wrapped a scarf around my neck and said bye it was so cute

-We also learned that Mongolians have their first name (which always has a meaning) and then their last name is just their dad's name so the missionaries go by sister/elder and then their first name which is kinda fun! They kept tryna say our full names it was pretty funny
-Spent Thanksgiving evening at bayarmaas and had some spaghetti, salad, chicken, and made some bomb banana bread muffins 

-I also saw a dog eating a cow head happy Thanksgiving everyone 

-also got to call my fam for Thanksgiving and my nephews are getting so big 



-Ate ice cream when it was actually 7° outside, and went on a morning walk when it was -5°

-Played basketball and volleyball with some of the people we are teaching, and to all my friends who play basketball... I'm gonna be coming for you when I get back I'm like way super good now (scored 3 times what about it
)

)-The garbage trucks here play classical music
enough said
enough said-Had a fireside with a senior missionary who helped translate the book of Mormon into Mongolian, and a sister who was the first Mongolian missionary to go to the US!
-Ate lunch at a Korean restaurant owned by some people the other sisters are teaching, ate so so much food, and then got roped into taste testing all the "sugar free, vegan chocolate that will make you skinny" that they import from Russia to sell here.



-also ate some very mongolian soup at a members house and it was sheep meat except it was actually mostly sheep fat with a little bit of meat connected onto the chunks of fat 

Spiritual thought:
1 Nephi 17: 50 "And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done."
I absolutely love the courage and faith that Nephi has. One of the biggest themes I learn from him is that God will ALWAYS prepare a way!! It's it's God's will then it will be done! It's such a great reminder for me that I can truly have all the confidence in God and know that he has a way prepared just for me while I'm here 

Have a great week and ั
ะฐะนััะฐะน ัาฏาฏ!!
/ะัะฝััะฝ ัะณั
flics
-dog eating cow head
and the cow head in question. Or horse head? I dunno I can't tell.
and the cow head in question. Or horse head? I dunno I can't tell.-Thanksgiving
- a baby eating seaweed 

- zoloo getting a shout out from pres n
- Namgur at stake conference

- standing on a frozen river

- dinner at the ger with the cutest members
-hand turkeys
-fireside!!
-we found a cat and took him on a field trip
- cold.
%20crop.jpg)
.jpeg)











No comments:
Post a Comment