HI GUYS!! time here is flying so fast. It is actually so hard to believe that I've lived in Mongolia for a whole YEAR now?? I have learned SO MUCH. (How to swallow an eyeball whole really quickly, how to eat pure fat, how to slide around on ice like a penguin, how to avoid drunk men and ger dogs, to name just a few....) but in all honesty these people and this place has stolen my heart and I love it here 

Highlights:
-We spent last pday playing in the snow for three hours
It was so hype and we built an amazing snow man, and then some kids from the school behind us saw us playing and decided to come join so that started an epic huge Snowball fight 
It was so hype and we built an amazing snow man, and then some kids from the school behind us saw us playing and decided to come join so that started an epic huge Snowball fight 
- we got to have dinner with the sweetest man ever, he's been an investigator for a long time and loves the church, but his wife won't let him get baptized. But that doesn't stop him from serving the missionaries! It's his favorite thing
He had us all over for dinner and we got to play
shagai
and I've never seen a 50 year old man trash talk so hard in broken English it was sooo funny
He had us all over for dinner and we got to play
shagai
and I've never seen a 50 year old man trash talk so hard in broken English it was sooo funny - talked about family history in English again and one of the students ended up giving me a 4 minute presentation about his family of socialist pioneers





- I accidentally set off the smoke alarm teehee
Basically our toaster is broken and won't pop up on its own, so you have to just watch it and take it out whenever you feel like it's done probably
Well I don't make toast all that often..
Basically our toaster is broken and won't pop up on its own, so you have to just watch it and take it out whenever you feel like it's done probably
Well I don't make toast all that often.. I put the bread in and started it and then just actually forgot completely about it until I saw smoke
coming out of the toaster and then the smoke alarm started beeping and I was like OH CRAP WHAT DO WE DO

so we scurried to open all the windows and then we tried to open the door to the balcony part of our apartment and accidentally broke the door handle. #anotherdayanotherslay
coming out of the toaster and then the smoke alarm started beeping and I was like OH CRAP WHAT DO WE DO

so we scurried to open all the windows and then we tried to open the door to the balcony part of our apartment and accidentally broke the door handle. #anotherdayanotherslay- we witnessed "mongolia: in thirty seconds" basically it was 2 drunk men fighting
One proceeded to slowly headbutt the other, and then stood up and they went in for an oddly touching hug
The end.
One proceeded to slowly headbutt the other, and then stood up and they went in for an oddly touching hug
The end.- we had the most splendid member meeting, and this family had recently visited Utah, so they made us tacos. With real taco seasoning. And real tortillas. It was divine 
also we brought the lady gifts cause she's pregnant and they were all like how did you know it's her birthday ?? We still don't know if they were kidding or not 

also we brought the lady gifts cause she's pregnant and they were all like how did you know it's her birthday ?? We still don't know if they were kidding or not 
- a story that was told at this member meeting: *his exact words* "Russians...very bad smell. (Sniffs armpit) mongolians not smell bad. One man was a famous author. He is married a Russian woman. Love is blind. Love is blind..you know. She smell bad but he just love her so she not smell bad to him. He just love her anyway. When she leave to go Russia he miss her and he smell garlic cause he miss her. Maybe one day you too will smell garlic when you miss your husband....but Russians smell bad and mongolians don't but Americans have a...natural....body odor" 









- this man also tried to say that my rings made me look like a hippie, but he forgot the word for hippie and said Hypocrite instead
Then when I went to church this week he was like "hello hippie girl"

Then when I went to church this week he was like "hello hippie girl"

- on our way out of a meeting this week, the elders saw a stack of wood waiting to be chopped, and got right to it. And I was like bruhhhh I wanna chop wood but I'm a girl and mongols don't like that....but...*looks around*...hey elders can I have a turn?? And they were like sure go for it. So basically yes I am a certified licensed lumberjack now 

- dolgoon turned 15 and his mom invited us all over to his birthday party! Getting invited to a 15 year olds bday party has to give me a lot of cool points I think. It was so fun! He's such a legend. He was wishing for a forever long time before he blew out his candle....but if his wish was for sister bell elder land singing karaoke all star by smashmouth then it sure did come true

- apparently a bunch of the schools here are doing a big talent show and one of our brand new members told all of his friends that I sing, so I've gotten recruited to help some people get
performance ready
I got to meet with one group of girls yesterday, and they sang for me a little upbeat oldies song and I got to go through all the English words with them and help them with the notes and everything! They were soooo darling it was a blast and also it's wild that I can just walk into a random school here and not get arrested.
performance ready
I got to meet with one group of girls yesterday, and they sang for me a little upbeat oldies song and I got to go through all the English words with them and help them with the notes and everything! They were soooo darling it was a blast and also it's wild that I can just walk into a random school here and not get arrested. - this week's pday eve drink!! Coca cola float. Found some banger russian ice cream and the coke is way better in this country 10/10



Special request!
My friend undral is so darling and she wants to get baptized!! The only struggle is...she has class....every Sunday. She wants to come to church so bad but she can't skip class. She has been praying and asking her teacher and showing SO much faith. It would mean the world to me if you could all keep her in your prayers and help us to find a way to get her to church

Spiritual thought:
My companion and I are reading acts together and we found the coolest scripture! Acts 5: 41 "And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name."
This takes place after Jesus had died, and the apostles were teaching of his word and his gospel. They got a lot of hate and trouble for teaching his gospel. Sometimes in lives and in missionary work we get hate for our beliefs. But God always asks us to stand as his witness no matter what. Now go read this scripture again ^^ the apostles REJOICED that they were worthy enough to teach God's word and they felt it was a blessing to stand as his witness no matter what. Through pain and suffering they chose to be his continuing witness, and we can so the same! I want to always rejoice in the opportunity to be a witness of God 

BAYRLALAA BAYRTAI HAIRTAI SHUU
happy Halloween
/ΡΠΈΡΡΡΡ ΠΆΡΠ½ΡΡΠ½
flics
- SNOW FIGHT !!!


- it's so pretty here
- birthday party 









- baby in a box 

- talent show besties 



- matching chinggis shirts



- 





- pday eve drink 

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment