Monday, October 14, 2024

"You watch conference...I'll watch you" 😳

good evening ladies and gentlemen welcome to this evenings performance of ️"sister jaiden jensen egch in mongolia: the musical️." Please sit back, relax, and enjoy the show, cause I decided I'm going to sing you my entire email😍(voice memo below) Nah I'm just playing 

Here's my weekly highlights: 

- Last week we visited a seamstress and she was so excited that we are trying to learn mongolian culture that she gave us an entire bag of πŸ€€aaruul🀀 to take home. Although I love the stuff, there was no way I coulda finished the bag so we passed it out to teenagers at a basketball court #lifehacks πŸ‘

- we do this thing called zone quest where we have different challenges each week and if you do them you get PRIZESπŸ† anyway, one of them was to bake a treat and bring it to your neighbors, so we did that and we were like heyyy we should bring some to our landlord because we haven't met her yet! So one night as we were walking back from English this random lady came up and started talking with us and the elders. She was telling us a story and was just wheezing laughing it was the funniest thing. 

All of the sudden we were like do any of you know where the 15th building is? And she was like yeah I live there I'll show youπŸ˜„πŸ˜„So we just kept walking and talking and the elders got curious why we were going to that building...so we told them and they were like bruh this IS the landlord and we were like WHAT. Anyway so we just gave her the cookies and it started a wheeze laugh session part 2, I almost had to break out the inhaler for that one tbhπŸŒ¬πŸ’ƒ

- so my lovely friend @Keirra Campbell is serving in England right now😘Her companion is from Mongolia! And she is from erdenet!!! When I got transfered here I was like YES I WANT TO MEET HER FAMILY SOOO BAD. but I wasn't sure how to contact them, because we didn't have their names or Facebooks or numbers. One night we were teaching lesson and a boy came and sat in on the lesson to participate. The thought crossed my mind that maybe he knows the sister serving in England...later I pulled up her Facebook and asked, and he was like yeah that's my SISTER. so that's hype πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘

- we were out on a park bench calling people when this old man walked up and so we talked to him and invited him to our English class, he seemed chill and really sweet, then sister burningham asked what his name was and he fully ignored her😢‍🌫️....she asked a second time and he said "I'm not talking to you, I'm trying to get to know her. She's really cute" then he walked away so that was pretty epic coolness I think πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘

- my conference watching experience was MUCH different than all of yours I can assure you😬😬😬...so we were welcoming everyone into the church, then this guy none of us knew came in, he had traditional mongolian boots, a lazy eye, and was missing a finger, and also I couldn't tell what language he was speaking🀩We went up to talk to him and shook his hand and he immediately pulled us in for a hug😡‍πŸ’«...we sat down to watch conference and he sat on our same row. As the session went on, the person sitting next to me left, and bro took his chance to πŸ’₯SWOOPπŸ’₯ and sat right by me. 

I had the talks in English on my phone so I could read along, and he was staring at my phone watching my every move. Then he looked at my phone, pulled it towards himself, and started scrolling up and down on the talk😢Then he pulled out his phone and took a picture of meπŸ˜— Then the next session we were like okayyy let's move seats, so we sat at the back. He followed and sat in the row in front of us. He was staring for an hour straight and we just ignored him, til we stood to sing the song in the middle. He jumped up, stood right next to me, and sang loudly (in falsetto😍) then when we sat down he sat right behind me and put his arm on my chair. So we left and hid in another room and then went around to sit by the elders hahaπŸ‘The guy fell asleep and then left and I never saw him again the end πŸ€·πŸΌ‍♀️

- we had a huge youth activity and like 50 people came !! And sooo many of them were English students and friends! We played a bunch of get to know you games and it was hype. Elder temuulen is a dawg and advertised the church, and we walked away with SEVEN new potential investigators!πŸ‘πŸ‘We also played musical chairs at this activity and it was so intense. I did not win. I'm good at the πŸŽΆmusical🎢part but not so good at the   πŸͺ‘chairsπŸͺ‘part 

- we had a meeting with a cute new member family and we were talking about fall and things we do in the fall and pumpkins and I told her I made pumpkin pie once and I wanted to make it again and she GAVE US 2 PUMPKINS so stay tuned for the pie nightπŸ₯§πŸ₯§πŸ₯§πŸ₯§

- it snowed and we had to break out the beanies and the scarves, my body is confused on what month it is πŸ˜ͺ

-Ate SFC it's basically off brand small town mongolia kfc it's pretty fabulous.  Southern fried chicken goes crazyπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ί

- went to deliver general conference invitations to people and were invited in a lady who just got back from America and she fed us bread with SKIPPY PEANUT BUTTER🀀🀀🀀🀀

- we played mafia in English class and it was gnarly cause it was such a big group. I love being the narrator because of my loud teacher voice and rick jensen story telling skills😎😎But at the very end I made one fatal flaw:

Student: how many mafias are left? 2? 

Me: no there's 3 left...cause we still have her *points* and her *points* and....CRAP *dramatic fall onto the floor* 

I done messed up big time by pointing out the mafias🀧....good thing class was over anyway πŸ« 

- and now the moment you've all been waiting for.....pday eve drinks pt 2: cherry lemonade sprite. So good. I think I could make swig a thing here in Mongolia with these drink making skills I gotπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Spritual thought: 

One of my favorite conference talks was by L. Todd Budge. He talked about the importance of quiet time in your life, and taking time to be still and spend time with God. You probs all mostly know this haha but I have a really hard time sitting still, being quiet, or being alone. I basically have the energy of a toddler with the attention span of a goldfish, so it's always been a struggle. But a few years ago I was told that for me specifically, quiet time with the Lord would be crucial for me. This talk brought up some incredible points about this much needed quiet time and here's what I learned: 

1. Jesus was our perfect example, and he too sought quiet time to spend with God 
2. Being still takes effort! It requires focusing your mind and heart on God 
3. God appreciates it when we take the time to communicate with him and involve him in our lives 
4. You don't necessarily need more time, you just need to have more awareness and focus on God in the time that you do have for him.

Basically what I'm trying to say is go read this talk it's so good! Make sure to take time to spend with God! Even if it's just very short moments throughout the day, turning your focus to God will help lift your daily struggles and help your doubts and fears to go away πŸ€πŸ€


I LOVE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEK BYE 
πŸ’•/систэр Тэнсэн 


πŸ‘»flicsπŸ‘»
- raw pumpkin pie πŸŽƒ
- chinggis vodka πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅
- mutual πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘Ύ
- cows cows cows cows cows cows 
- sfc πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
- the pretty place where I live πŸ₯°
- aaruul bag yum yum πŸ˜‹
- conference quotes πŸ«‘
- nerds gummy clusters πŸ₯Ή
- pdayπŸ‘ eve πŸ‘drinks πŸ‘










No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Video! (Mom Post)

Rick worked hard on Jaiden's welcome video and I love the way it turned out! It contains some things that are definitely non-traditional...